Chapter 38| For My Sake

He woke up.

He has been staring at me the entire time.

And I've been avoiding eye contact with him by drinking my lemon-lime soda and staring at one of the other guys.

Twice, was the measuring tape guy's name. Out of everybody in the room with me, he seemed the most friendly other than Toga, who had latched herself onto me.

Tenko sat himself down on the farthest bar stool, one leg resting on the other. He seemed to be happy that Bakugou had finally woken up.

"Where am I exactly?" I had asked Kurogiri before Bakugou had woken up.

"We're currently located the Kamino Ward of Yokohama City in the Kanagama Prefecture."

It was impressive that he warped us about two hour by train away, but bad at the same time. How could the heroes track us down if we're this far away?

Tenko pressed a button on the controller, giving life to the small tv a few meters in front of Bakugou and a few feet away from him.

On the tv was Principal Nezu, Aizawa, and the other hero class' teacher, all dressed up in a suit and microphones in front of them, as well as name tents. Aizawa's long hair that usually was looming over his face was brushed and gel back.

And the media was treating them like fucking criminals.

While I was here watching.

Doing nothing.

And I caused all of this.

"Fucking blind rats," I muttered under my breath. It was the first time I talked since Bakugou woke up.

"It's quite mysterious, isn't it? Why are the heroes getting criticized? I guess heroes these days are under some pretty strict standards, huh?" Tenko looked at Bakugou, spreading his arms open.

He kept rambling on how hard being a hero is, and one single mistake can cost you your career you worked so hard for in attempt to 'win' him over. I kept looking at him with pleading eyes to not believe anything he said—knowing every little struggle of being a wanted criminal.

"Just like Akari over here, you also like winning don't you?" Tenko's small, creepy smile showed under the hand.

"Dabi, remove his bindings," He pointed.

The guy who led me here from the room shook his head in disbelief, saying, "This guy's going to go ballistic, you know."

"It's okay, we have to treat him as a equal. After all, we're scouting him. Besides," Tenko eyed me then Bakugou again. "You know there's no possibility of winning if he goes off. And we made a deal with little Miss. Zero over here."

"Twice, go free him," Dabi tossed the keys over to him.

"What?? No thanks!"

But he ended being the one to take off the bindings anyways.

2nd Person POV

Bakugou sat there as Twice inserted the keys into his restraints, his expression was blank for once instead of a scowl. He had sat there for sometime now, listening to the villain talk.

But his attention was also on you, who didn't seem too surprise at everything.

Was he betrayed? Is that why you weren't talking to him? Or were you with them all along? And you had been only faking everything? No, you couldn't have been faking all this. You may had been a villain but you had swore that you were on the good side.