Chapter 36| Chase

Chapter 36| Chase

(A/N: it's a long chapter...I'm sorry 😅)

A few minutes later you slowed down, panting.

"Gas..?" You mumbled, clamping a hand over your mouth and sensitive nose. Looking around, you heard loud noises behind you on the trail. Whether it was a good sign or bad, you had absolute no idea.

You decided to check it out. Skimming along the tree lines, you ran back from where you came from, hoping for the best. You produced a flickering monotone flame in your left palm, providing yourself just enough light to see where you were going.

For every step, you watched the ground for any twigs or anything that could make a potential noise. Right now, the element of surprise could do you a great favor. Putting your long legs to work, you observed your surroundings for any hints who the enemies may be.

"Didn't Uraraka and Tsuyu go after me?" You thought, jumping over a tree stump and landing softly back onto the ground.

"Students of Class A and B! I, professional hero: Eraser Head, hereby give you all authorization for combat!" A loud voice slipped into your head.

You grinned softly as you registered the news. A couple tens of meters to your left, on the trial, you recognized two girls with familiar hairstyles. About to announce your presence, you squinted to see a somebody with blonde hair, bundled into two twin buns.

Nobody in your class had blonde hair that long.

"What do you want?" You heard Tsuyu say.

"Oh nothing much~! I'm just here to visit a old friend-"

Before the girl could finish, you lunged out from trees and tackled her to the ground. One hand pinning both of her hands above her and the other to her throat. Nails almost digging into the mysterious person's skin.

"Akari-Chan!" Both Uraraka and Tsuyu shouted in surprise and relief.

"Are you guys okay?" You asked, tighten your grip on the blonde.

"Wah! Akari-Chan!" The girl underneath you whined. "You forgot about me already?! That hurts too!"

Your eyes narrowed as took your first look at the girl's face. The golden eyes and match hair-

"Toga?" You uttered out in surprise.

"Surprise! Long time no see!" She giggled, childishly. "We're here to bring you back!"

"What the hell are you talking about-" You were about to question before one of her knifes made a thin line against your cheek as it flew past you. You shoved her way, jumping back in front of the two girls.

"We've identified two of the Villain's objectives! The students known as 'Kaachan' and 'Ari', whoever you guys are, reframe from solo movements and avoid combat if it's not necessary!" Just like the last message, it went away as fast as it came.

"Toga! What the fuck?!" You shouted before she lunged at Uraraka, who was beside you. The shorter girl dodged it, only leaving a shallow cut.

"Hmmm...so shallow! So little! So cute!" The blonde giggled again. "Hi! I'm Toga, Akari's friend! You guys are super cute too!"

"Urakaka...and Asui!" Toga pointer at the two with her knife.

"She knows our names..?" Uraraka muttered out in surprise, putting pressure on her wound.