heart to heart

"A problem shared is a problem halved

"A problem shared is a problem halved."

∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ 

In a private room on the outskirts of town, sat a group that could not be more out of place in the pristine white office. Thea and Klaus made an odd pair, and with Five stood between them, still adorned in his full umbrella academy attire and wearing a severe scowl, the trio certainly made a lasting impression. The man in front of them, sat behind the relative safety of the desk, eyed them warily as he continued to drone on in his irritating voice, in an attempt at explaining the situation.

"As I previously said to your son, I cannot within my legal rights reveal any information regarding the prosthetics we build here. it's all strictly confidential." He sighed, clearly tired of explaining this all once more. "Without the client's explicit consent, I cannot help you."

"And as I previously said," Five gritted between clenched teeth. "If you would just give us a name, we can get you that consent."

"That's not how it works," the doctor said uncaringly, shrugging. "Now, as I'm sure you understand..."

Thea zoned out of the conversation, honestly feeling a little bored. They had been going back and forth with the man for at least half an hour and the room was a little too hot, so that she was beginning to get irritated. The sheer material of her top was scratchy against her skin and her eye twitched whenever the man's droning voice became particularly obnoxious. Her eyes naturally glided towards her brother and she blinked back to awareness as she recognised the look on his face.

What on earth is he thinking... she thought with rising amusement, knowing that if she was already becoming irritated then Klaus was likely on the verge of an attention deficit breakdown. Klaus and boredom was a disaster combination and going too long without stimulation was bound to trigger the part of his brain that was hardwired to create chaos.

He didn't disappoint. Adopting an offended, distressed expression, Klaus slapped his hands against the table and pitched his voice into a tone of melodrama she knew he'd learnt from watching too many episodes of The Real Housewives.

"And what about my consent?"

The doctor was baffled, eyes wide. "Excuse me?"

"I said," Klaus sniffed dramatically, wiping a fake tear from his eye. "Who gave you permission to lay your hands...on my son?!"

The doctor was clearly bewildered and even Five was now eyeing Klaus like he was mad. Thea, however, had quickly caught on and knew that her twin had scrapped plan A in his boredom and had wholeheartedly embraced plan B. Who cared if they'd never actually proposed a plan B? Thea was confident she could keep up.

Eyes alight in the promise of entertainment, the blonde schooled her face into an expression of appalled disgust and stood to embrace Five within her arms. Patting his head and ignoring the wide-eyed look he sent her way, she tutted, eyeing the doctor with suddenly watering eyes.