see you again

"Mistakes are always forgivable if one has the courage to admit them."

Diego burst into the room at the studio with a mutinous fury. "You piece of shit!" he roared as he stalked toward Luther and Five, staring daggers at the smaller boy. He tried to lunge forward and wrap his hands around the boy's neck but was held back by Luther. "Do you have any idea what you've caused?" he screamed. Luther tried to push him back and Diego retaliated. "Get your ape hands off of me, Luther! He deserves it!"

Five watched him with a sneer, clearly unamused at his volatile reaction.

"I'll stay here until you calm down," Luther warned, pushing back once more. "Now, what's wrong?"

Diego hissed like a cornered animal and glared Five in hatred. "Our brother," he spat. "Has been pretty busy since he returned. Not only was he the cause of that shootout at Griddy's, but he's the reason those masked freaks attacked the academy."

"Is that true?" Luther asked, turning his head to look down at their brother.

"I don't believe that's any of your concern," Five drawled.

"It is when they almost killed my friend," Diego shot back.

Five sighed, but didn't look particularly bothered by his words. "Those masked freaks as you so eloquently put it, work for my former employer. A woman called the Handler. It's likely she sent them to stop me." He shrugged, unapologetic. "If Diego's friend got in their way, then it's fair game."

"You might change your tone when you hear that my friend didn't die because somebody took the bullet for her. Somebody who had no reason to risk herself for a stranger," Diego hissed, hands clenching at the memory of Thea's bloodied body. "Sound like someone we know? Perhaps a missing sister that nobody has seen since yesterday?"

Five's eyes widened in dawning horror, jumping from the bed. "You mean..."

"Thea was shot?" Luther asked in shock, but he was pushed aside by Five, who had leapt forward to clutch Diego's shirt in his hands, expression desperate.

"Where is she?" he asked. "Is she okay?"

Diego chuckled bitterly, swatting his hands away. "Oh, so now you care? What happened to fair game?"

Five clenched his jaw, seeming only a moment away from throttling him for the answers. But as always, Luther stepped in. "Diego, this isn't the time for pettiness. We need to see Thea."

He scoffed and turned away, beginning to walk back towards the door. "She's fine. After finding her I took her back to the house. She was bleeding bad and passed out before I even got her there."

Luther's voice shook with concern as he asked, "Is she okay?"

Diego turned to look at them both and nodded curtly. "Pogo fixed her up in time. She'll be resting for a few days... but she'll be fine."

Five let out a shaky breath at knowing that she'd be okay... but he couldn't shake the nerves which racked his body. "I'm going back to the house," he murmured. "I need to see her."

"Yeah, okay. We'll meet you back there. Then you can tell me more about this apocalypse stuff," Luther said, his tone indicating that Five had no choice in the matter.

Five nodded distantly, clearing not listening before he spatial jumped away.

. . .