5.) Empty Promises

BRYSON DAVIDSON
February 1st

"Look what the damn wind blew in." Amara quipped as soon as I walked through the door.

"Don't even start, I've been here every single day." I sighed, tossing my keys on the table.

"You sure don't be in my bed at night time."

"Who's fault is that? You got my ex wife and my kids sleeping in a truck because you don't want them in the house."

Her mouth dropped as she blinked a few times, "Last time I checked you had one kid and sadly you don't even treat my son like your kid!"

"Excuse me?" I frowned, walking towards the kitchen.

"Zuri is just as much as my kid as Dajon is! Don't ever disrespect her like that. I let you get away with a lot of shit but don't you dare fix your lips to speak on what you know nothing about. You're so clouded by jealousy you can't even see that Egypt actually likes your rude ass."

"I'm rude yet you're involved with me." She countered.

Undoing my jacket, I gave her one last look then laughed, "And I'm wondering for how much longer."

***

KINGSTON 'King'
Same day

"We fucking wit tha' carnival dis year or nah?" I asked picking up the ps4 controller.

"We do every year round here," Malik answered snacking on some Doritos.

"Wit tha' niggas y'all got beef with?" I asked and they nodded.

"We just fight if shit pops off, they ain't try nothing last year, so let's see if they'll try anything this year." Keenan said.

I rose a brow, "Why fight at tha' carnival though? All tha' families gonna be there with their kids and shit." That shit did not make any sense to me.

"One thing that you're gonna learn about the beach in general, ma'fuckers don't care about where they shoot at or fight at. When we say on sight, that's exactly what we mean." He explained and I stared at him funny.

"I understand allat, but I'm saying, y'all can just start setting up places to box dat shit out instead of shooting and fighting at a damn carnival, at tha' movies or tha' Oceanfront. That's taking tha' fun out of stuff from everyone else dat don't have anything to do with petty beef." I told him.

"I guess you're gonna hate hanging with us then because if we out tryna have fun and some goofy pop shit that's deadball. We scrapping on sight."

I just shook my head. "What's going on with you and Braelin?" I asked Malik.

"Nothing, she's been fighting the flu for a few days now. Lil mama been so down."

"Flu? And yo ass over here? Hell no goodbye with yo contaminated ass!" Keenan dramatic ass said and I busted out laughing.

"Dawg, I ain't been to her house since she got sick, fuck outta' here," Malik frowned, starting the game.