21.) No more teasing

KINGSTON
August 2nd

"You're gonna be twenty three this year King... don't you think you want to start thinking about marriage?" Karen asked and he chuckled softly.

"Mama you trying to rush things aren't you?" He asked as he sat at the table eating the breakfast she made for him.

"No... I just... I want some grand babies." She told him as she washed the dishes.

"Me and Nae haven't crossed dat line yet, we're still learning each other." He told her and she smiled liking Renae even more.

"So that means she's still a virgin?" She asked and he gave her a look.

"Getting too personal mama." He told her and she laughed waving him off.

"Who am I gonna tell? Your grandma?"

Laughing, King shook his head as he bit into his bagel.

"She is." He spoke and she gasped.

"For real?!" She beamed and he chuckled nodding.

"You better not mess things up with dat baybeh, you gotta hurry up and bring her around me." She stated, "Give me time." He told her.

Nodding, things grew quiet.

"The crazy thing is, I, for some odd reason always thought you would end up messing with Malik's sister." She admitted and he gave her a funny look.

"I mean... she not ugly but she not my type. You know I fuck with brown skin and dark skin girls." He reminded and she kissed her teeth.

"So what she's high yellow? she still pretty."

"Not my type and plus Malik my nigga." He replied and she snickered.

"So is Keenan."

"Das different." He said, raising a brow, she placed her hands on her hips.

"How so?" She asked.

"I fell for her not knowing she was related to him. When I did find out, it did mess wit my head a lil but I knew damn well I couldn't let her go." He told her and she smiled.

"After I knocked some sense into you." She reminded me he chuckled.

"Mhm." He hummed eating his eggs.

"So you love her?"

"I do." He answered honestly. "Do you know if she feels the same?" She asked.

"She's scared to say it but she does." He told her and she nodded.

"Do you know if she wants kids?"

"She does, we both do, but we're both enjoying each other and she's still trying to figure things out." He replied.

"Do you think she's the one you want to spend the rest of your life with?"

"I know she is." He answered and she smirked.

"And how do you know dat?" She challenged.

"When I was with Autumn it was always constant nagging, her wanting things, always wanting designer and she always complained. I could never fix my lips to say "I love you." But with Renae, I say it with no problem and know I mean it. She may have been through some stuff but she's easy to love and her laugh is contagious. She's just broken but I can handle it." He told her then smiled.

Seeing the love written all over her son's face, Karen smiled tending back to the dishes.

"I'm happy for you." She told him.