20.) Request

RENAE
same evening

"Do you want kids?" She asked as they walked on the beach since the college kids and other tourists took over the boardwalk.

"I do, just not right now." He answered.
"Do you?" He asked pulling her back into him.

"I'm kind of scared." She admitted. "But I do." She added.

"Boy or girl?"

"I always wanted a girl just so I could spoil her and dress her up." She answered and he smiled.

"I want a luh girl." He revealed. "For real? Most guys want a son as their first kid."

"I'm good with a luh girl." He assured which had her grinning from ear to ear.

"Are you hungry?" He asked when they approached the shopping center.

"The food down here is fifteen dollars more expensive King."

"What dat mean? If you hungry you hungry." He replied and she laughed.

"What do you have a taste for?" She asked turning in his arms and he wrapped his arms around her and leaned down pecking her lips.

"You." He answered honestly, covering her face, he laughed hugging her.

"Nah but for real, it don't matter." He spoke, laughing to herself, she wrapped her arms his neck and just gazed up at him.

"Thank you." She spoke softly, "For what?" He asked raising a brow.

"For being there for me. Thank you for fighting for me when I couldn't and thank you for still wanting me even after I was mean. I honestly would be dead now if we would've never met." She told him then smiled softly.

"I really do appreciate you." She added then pecked his lips.

"Thank you for giving my ass a chance ma and teaching me how to love."

"How can I teach you but not myself?" She asked and they both laughed.

"I couldn't bring myself to feel dat way for my ex let alone say it whenever she wanted me to. But with you, I can say dat shit so freely and mean it. So thank you for dat." He told her and she blushed.

Puckering her lips, he chuckled before he leaned down and pecked them a few times.

She giggled uncontrollably when he started whispering in her ear talking nonsense.

"Such a creep." She giggled as they rocked side to side.

"I'll be dat for you." He replied then laughed at the face she made.

"Where do you wanna eat though? A nigga hungry." He spoke when they began walking again.

"Wanna get some seafood?" She asked.

"Yeah, dat shit do sound good right now."

**

Catch 31 House & Bar

"I've been here almost three years and I did not know dis place had their own luh fancy fire set up." King spoke as he and Renae decided to eat outside in front of the fire.

"Everything down this end is like for show or something. They believe in going all out." She replied as they looked over the menu.

It was going on 9 at night and people were still walking the boardwalk not ready to go home yet.

Neither were they.

"What are you getting?" She asked laying her head on his arm.

"I ain't into eating shit I can't spell or pronounce properly." He answered and they erupted in laughter.