33.) Skeletons

KINGSTON
September 10th

"Nigga you slacking." Tyron stressed when King caught a lick to his face from their childhood trainer, Darryl.

"Man get off my ass." King replied putting his guard back up.

Chuckling, Jamel nodded towards Renae when she stepped out back.

"That's his distraction right there."

Darryl and King looked back at Renae then at Jamel.

"Don't play her like dat." King warned looking back at Darryl.

"Two rights, fake left and give me a body shot." He instructed, nodding King began throwing punches and Tyron walked over towards Renae who was focusing on writing her poems.

"Wassup lil bit?" He greeted sitting on the table in front of her.

"Good morning." She replied keeping her focus on her words.

Picking up on her standoffish vibe, he furrowed his brows.

"You don't like me?" He asked, "I do... I just um.. I'm not comfortable being around men right now." She told him.

"You and Yung got into it or something?"

"No." She answered.

"Something personal?" He asked and she nodded.

"Oh... damn my bad lil homie." He apologized getting up.

"You got a good one by yo side, I hope you know that." He told her and she smiled.

"I do." She replied flipping the pages in her journal.

Reading through her old poems, she started to rip out the ones that spoke of nothing but death and depression.

She wanted to move on from that.

"Body shots Stone!" Darryl shouted as he locked his arms around King's neck.

"Ok Yung!" Jamel boasted as King started putting in work.

"Time." Darryl spoke stepping back, putting his hands on top his head, King tried to mellow out his breathing as he walked in a circle.

"You next." Darryl spoke nodding at Jamel.

"I've been waiting on this." He replied picking up the gloves.

King removed his and tossed them to the side and walked over towards Renae.

Sitting next to her on the lounging sofa, he leaned over to see what she was up to.

"What you doing?" He asked after stealing a kiss from her.

"Trying to put in more positive things and get rid of the negative." She answered picking up the pages she ripped up.

"These are all dope ma." He told her as he skimmed through them.

"They aren't who I want to be anymore. I don't want to be sad and suicidal or depressed anymore. It's time for me to rid all of the things that kept me in a dark place." She told him.