18.) Cat and Mouse

KEENAN'S House
A week ago

"You tryna fight again?" King asked once Keenan opened the front door.

"Nah, we needa talk." He replied letting him come in.

Heading towards the living room, King locked the front door behind him before he joined Keenan in the living room.

"What we here for?" King asked getting straight to the point.

Chuckling, Keenan offered him a blunt but he declined. "How long were you messing with Renae?"

"We've spent months getting to know each other." King corrected.

"So the day Malik brought her up, you ain't know her?"

"I told you dat at my crib, she never told me about you or knowing Malik. And she never told me she went by two different names."

"You never asked?" Keenan questioned.

"Ask for what? I was focused on her not nobody else."

"Y'all spent months getting to know each other but you never asked who she was related to?" Keenan queried and King chuckled.

"Bro what we talking for? Like real shit what you call me ova' fo?" Irritation was laces heavily in King's tone as he stared at Keenan.

"Nigga that's my whole little cousin, damn near my lil sister and you supposed to be my nigga."

"Hold on woe," King's face hardened as he leaned forward. "Don't come at me wit dat shit, because tha' shit dat I knew about, YOU as her 'brother' should have known. I was there for her more than you were, more than her folks were. So don't hit me wit tha' stupid shit when I was doing something Y'ALL were supposed to be doing." King spat.

Keenan went to say something but King stopped him. "I'm a grown ass man and tha' fact dat I was loyal to you and cut MY girl off just to keep shit from getting crazy between you and I, nigga you can't sit here and ask me shit about what I was doing for MY girl!" He stood. "Who was there helping her get through her nightmares? ME! Who was there when she kept talking about dying? ME, who saw right through her when none of y'all asses did? ME! So don't sit here and ask me no shit about her. You don't think I blame myself for da reason she's locked up? If I would've just said fuck 'bro code' and kept shortie with me, shit would've been different. Right when I was getting her to fully let me in and know dat it was okay for her to love me, YOU compromised dat shit and made me choose!"

Keenan became defensive and stood causing King to cock his head to the side, "What da fuck can you tell me about her besides her being yo fucking kinfolk? Tell me something deep you know about her."

That was definitely hard for him to do, he wasn't aware of Renae's internal issues. He knew she hated the fact that she had to go from sleeping in a truck to hotels and then being disappointed by her pops. But he didn't know the deep rooted issues she had buried inside her.