39.) Emotionless

KINGSTON's Trap house
A week later

"How long she been out here?" King asked Ace as they stood on the patio watching Renae box the punching bags.

"About two hours." He answered, "She comes in, does her work then comes out here. It's like she flips a switch to not hear us." He added.

It's been a week since the shooting.

Dajon thankfully was NOT dead, but he was in a coma due to blood loss and slight brain trauma.

He tried to crawl his way to Tamia's house and a few neighbors that heard the gunshots ran outside and saw him crying out for help.

Renae refused to go see him in the state he were in, so Bryson and Keenan we're keeping King up to date on the reports, but so far no change.

The nurse who gave out the wrong information was fired, but not before Tamia put her hands on her.

"What happened?" Lincoln asked stepping out back.

"Y'all ask a lot of questions." King stressed heading back inside with them following.

"She grew on us, we just wanna know." Ace clarified and King chuckled.

"Mhm." He hummed walking into the kitchen.

Grabbing a bottled water out, he headed towards the back after grabbing the bags.

"She's still out of it?" Jamel asked once King entered the room.

Tossing the duffel bags to Ty, he nodded popping the cap off.

"It's this thing she does where she shuts her emotions off to keep her from thinking of harming herself, I noticed that after being with her for a while." He informed as he took a seat at the table while Ty got the money counter set up.

"Like she flips a switch or something?" Jamel asked.

"Yeah, something she had to teach herself how to do."

"How da hell do you know this?" Ty questioned.

"That's my girl, plus she's heavy on poetry, she has a lot of hidden subliminal messages in them." He answered putting his water down.

"I'm gonna need her to teach me how to do that shit, I could've used that technique years ago." Ty joked and King gave him a look.

"What we doing then? We put the pick up on hold to handle this, but time is money." Jamel reminded.

"José called my ass last night, the shipment comes in tonight at one." King announced as he checked his phone for any messages.

Egypt was m.i.a. as were Ahmed.

"You cool with leaving her alone while she's like that?" They asked.

"No, but she doesn't wanna be bothered." He answered.

"The boys still ain't find dem niggas dat did it?"

"Nope, they just think it was a drug deal gone wrong. But we know dat shit was set up." He replied and they nodded in agreement.