I Will Never Forget

"So, you're getting the hang of it, it seems." A mysterious and eerie voice called out from between dreams and reality and suddenly everything felt transformed. He was in a blue room and felt trapped as if vines had winded themselves to his throat.

"Welcome to the Velvet Room. You're our guest." The elegantly lady said in a matter of fact tone standing to the side of a large nosed man, that had eyes that bulged. "This is my master."

"Yes, you have potential that I wish to see fulfilled and a destiny that I cannot fathom to see play."

"What are you talking about!?" Naegi seemed to be screaming inside but it wasn't coming out right and all he could do was be paralyzed at the spot. Why was the pain going to him, now? He didn't sign up for this trickery and deceit when joining Togami and Kirigiri. What was going on? He wanted to thrash about but his insides were churning something awful and so why couldn't he bring himself to fight the larger demons in himself?

"You're our guest and by signing the contract, you've made up a destiny." The big nosed man said breaking all immersion.

"A destiny?"

"One that cannot be averted. You will rise and meet your destiny. Apologies, I'm Igor and that's Elizabeth, my assistant and we're in the Velvet Room."

"The V-Velvet Room?" What was going on?

"It exists between dreams and reality. You're fast asleep in the real world. You are bound by the contract to fulfill it and be the you, that destiny requires."

"What is this destiny?" Why was there a talk of destiny in his life? He was too young, right? Who knew. Who knew all about it? Maybe Igor did? But Igor would never say, would he?

"You will soon find out in the coming year."

"But-"

"Time to say goodbye, guest." Elizabeth slid in with her very feminine tone and with a wave, the walls of the Velvet Room dissolved and Naegi was falling faster and faster than he wanted.

Memories of him washed in and slowly the falling came to a stop and he, too dissolved.