Fighting Like A War

The white haired young man standing in front of them seemed pleasant enough except for the aura of pure madness radiating from him but could he really be that? Could he truly be mad? No, it was just Naegi's desperate imagination that was causing his senses to tingle away at impossible impressions, but there was intense staring from the students in the homeroom. Could they discern anything from this Nagito Komaeda? No, Naegi shouldn't be swayed from false convictions and even he could preoccupy himself with more than analyzing his new fellow classmate.

"Nagito Komaeda...eh?" Kazuichi's voice broke through the mold and had Naegi standing on edge. "There's nothing special about him, it seems. Why should we bother, right, Makoto?"

"Maybe it's worth..."

"Nah. I can immediately tell what a weirdo he is, can't you?"

"I think that's kind of unfair to label him that when we haven't actually got to know him."

The merriment of the homeroom was reignited and Nagito stayed still at the front, beaming with a melancholy smile but what was hidden underneath it? Surely, Nagito wasn't special...right?

"I don't want to."

"Why the hesitation?"

"He's..."

"WELCOME TO HOMEROOM C-2!!" A voice sprung out from the back and immediately a student came forward in a white uniform that seemed to clash with the other uniforms and Naegi seemed aghast at what he recognized.

"That's Kiyotaka Ishimaru...that current stuck up." Kazuichi said bringing Naegi back to reality and back to answering the questions that stemmed from the can of worms that Nagito opened. "He's a teacher's pet and currently has the biggest stick up his ass."

"I WELCOME YOU ON THE BEHALF OF C-2! PLEASE ENSURE YOUR WILL TO LEARN AND CAUSE NO TROUBLE!" Ishimaru bowed in a graceful manner and sat down promptly.

"Is he...?" Naegi found his voice in his throat, a throat that was dry and cotton mouthed.

"He's the class rep and deserves that title, don't you think?" A smaller and daintier voice interrupted and before Naegi was a girl that was twice as small as him but a smile didn't faze the dazzling Kazuichi Souda.

"HEYA, Chihiro! What's going on?"

"You know her?" Came the puzzled reply.

"Of course. This is Chihiro Fujisaki and she's the resident president of the A/V club and an active member in charge of the all electronics in this school. She's talented, don't you realize? Man, Makoto, you sure don't know your classmates, well but I won't hold that against you."

"You don't have to give me an introduction like that because I rather be normal than stand out much." Chihiro felt like a doll, a very expensive doll that could break if you held it wrong but Naegi humored the poor girl and seemed quite alive somehow by meeting new people. Could they be friends that turned into Social Links?

"Come on!" Kazuichi squealed in delight.

Chihiro furiously stumbled and mumbled with a red tangle of sweets on her cheeks.

"S-See you s-slackers...a-are n-no good."

"Goddamn! We're part of the freakshow, Makoto." Kazuichi cursed loudly but the merriment of the room continued and somehow no one cared for any of this continual mess but Naegi quickly glanced at the unmoving Nagito. Would he go anywhere? And why was the strong aura too much to bear? "Let's get out of here without the sourpuss following us--"

"W-Who are y-you are c-calling a freaking s-sourpuss?"

"Goddamn Toko, your stuttering can't be worse, can it?"

"S-Shut UP!"

Before the spinning of the confused Chihiro and the last-ditch attempt to maneuver, Kazuichi had dragged Makoto away out and away from the tom foolery of the homeroom.

"Hey, fuckers."

"Does he have to use such language?" Togami sneered clearly uncomfortable at the smaller boy in the chair with a look of stern hardship and no mercy.

"I would like to introduce Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu and he's the acting chairman."

"Acting?"

"Yes, Naegi. He father is the chairman of the board for this school and thus he knows about us and is willing to be an ally."

"Uh huh."

"Yes,"

"Cut it out Kirigiri." Togami shot vehemently. "We don't have time for niceties for poor Makoto Naegi."

Kirigiri gave a cold stare at the clearly annoyed and bored Togami.

"It doesn't matter because you fuckers need my help through this and because my father owns this school, I have all the resources available to help you." Fuyuhiko said bringing attention to the scar on his thoughts but if the acting chairman was young like, Naegi, what stopped Fuyuhiko from acting out? What were they meant to do with the shadows and what was the connection?

"The Kuzuryuu Group is powerful indeed but honestly, Togami, don't be arrogant just because your family is ridiculous too because we're here for a reason and that's not to be kind to each other. We won't explain anymore, Naegi because you ought to know these things." Kirigiri said sternly and Naegi's mouth became humid and his breath rolled down his throat.

What would happen now? What would..

"Relax, Naegi."