I'll Face Death

Makoto stood on the edge of valuing his life and the lives of his friends, but nothing could prepare them for the moments of ringing bells that were nonstop in their dreams and waking hours. His opposite side was Hajime and Fuyuhiko of Kuma but, they were non-negotiable in their dealings and desires, and yet, Makoto and his friends were on the way to stop this. To halt this 'The Fall' and, yet, he was apprehensive about what should ultimately be done for killing someone wasn't so clear-cut and not filled with attachments. The strings were there and if he wanted to live and wanted to take life by the hand...

Hajime was expressionless or maybe there was more hidden under that mystery? But Fuyuhiko was brimming with pride and despite the deceit that gave the S.E.E.S the reason to fight. To win against the ultimate fate: Death.

Could they possibly face that?

"You're kidding me..." Kazuichi said breaking the mold but he wasn't silly or being pretension in the slightest because they all knew and wished not to.

"Everyone." Byakuya ordered gesturing his Evoker to his head. "This isn't the final battle, but it is..."

"You don't have to say, Byakuya as we all know it, but maybe, this doesn't have to end in tragedy," Makoto replied optimistically, but whatever chance could be accomplished all had to happen now. Right now.

The chorus of Evokers shone through the moon's light and while they all directed them to their heads, Makoto hesitated. His hand at his holster and yet, the Evoker was quiet. No summoning Personas but, it would happen sooner than later.

"We don't have to do this. Please."

"You think discourse will happen between us when our goals are in direct opposition to each other?" Hajime retorted, slamming his hands on his thighs.

"I just want to understand why-why you would wish for death, want to die this badly."

"Why, isn't death natural? Isn't death the--"

"Cut the bullshit!" Byakuya yelled steadying his grip. "You know your grandiose speeches doesn't work here and whatever you're doing-death or otherwise, it's utter nonsense."

"Byakuya." Makoto whispered.

"I am with Makoto, and I'll be damned if anything happens-this death shit is way over my head." Kazuichi spat.

"I'm here, too." Chihiro squeaked.

"I suppose if Makoto is doing this as well, I'll follow him." Nagito said quietly, also mysterious and yet, as the choir of voices rang out into the night sky.

"PERSONA!!"