Wings of Death

If the Evoker was real...tangible to kill instead of summoning and confronting the terror of death, then would it be easier to stand for the moment? Despite, the gushing blood from his mouth, seeping through his teeth but the desperation was the worst he'd ever known and even if he could feel it more, would it cease to be important in his mind? In the very part of his Persona?

Dashing forward despite the agony that should have crippled him, the Evoker came up once again and shooting himself in the temple, the Persona Gabriel of the Priestess Arcana, with overarching wings and a sword in hand.

"YOU DARE USE THAT AGAINST ME, NAEGI!?" Hajime countered with his own unfamiliar and abstract Persona and like before, the sparks of bangs and clashes ran like tears in Makoto's vision and Hajime's.

Why was crying necessarily wrong?

Why was it introduced late in the fight?

All the surrounding pandemonium came to them, their resolves and unequally worrisome boundaries all too revealing but only being alive wasn't good enough. Wasn't perfect enough but what was?

"Makoto!" Chihiro screamed being knocked back by the force of Hajime's Persona, the winds blowing around and causing a maelstrom though Makoto remained in the eye, obstinately holding on.

"Are you enough?" His voice was tender but there was confidence in there although the situation felt transformed and as Hajime stood posed. The eyes quiet and yet determined but what was the meaning to do here? Did Byakuya lead them to their deaths? No, no one had to die with their Personas but with time ticking away, it became abstract and distracting.

"HAJIME!" The Evoker twirled around Makoto's fingers as more shots were fired and reaching their target to maim that hand, blood being the recipient. The silence was more than he could handle but with sewed up lips, that had been overtaken by a pride. A sense of death shining in the light.

Would darkness be the order of the day?

Tears rolling and yet, the choir of starvation rung in his eyes, and that propelled him onward even if the fatigue would accompany him later but now? Now in this desperation, more bullets flew and struck his arm but the now could be counted on and with his own slashes, he came to blows with Hajime, the Evoker on Makoto's fingertips.

"HAJIME!"

The storm reflecting in the shining tears that threaten the own life that he kept in check.

"Is that how you wanna die!? I know you won't stop-"

"Kill me. I will honor that death for you." Hajime cracked taking a hold of Makoto's hands before placing the Evoker to his own temple.

"No! I mean I have no choice but to allow death to overtake you."

"If you do, then The Fall is complete."

"NO!"

"Become death, become The Fall."

"I won't. I have-"

Panic. Chaos. Sorrow all melting on the tongue of Makoto and yet, with some nerves left, holding his own gut, the Evoker was tangible finally.

It was realized.

The storm receding and all the worn and battered faces, all concerned and exhausted but wanting to know, wanting to reach out those hands were there to witness the very end of their lives. The despair of death.

"MAKOTO!"

"I love you, MAKOTO!"

Byakuya. How unlike him but as a smile overwhelmed him, the senselessness of dying felt like the reality that must have been realized.

And like before, Nagito's own Persona Alice rushed in, shielding Makoto but despite this, there was a change, a colossal spark of metamorphosis.

Makoto rushed up to his feet, wobbling before doubling and screaming piercing the very fabric of The Fall looming on them. "Makoto..." Chihiro brushed a few tears away before being wrapped in the transformation of Makoto.

They all were.