Call Me, Oh Death

"Hey! Makoto!" Kazuichi yelled as soon as Makoto emerged from the school's gate and while it was wonderful to be treasured, the lasting expressions weren't enough to ease his aching body. His body that meant for death and sooner he'd bring it, the best it would be easier to acknowledge.

"Kazuichi. Thank you."

"Glad you're out, Makoto. I mean, you practically started living there."

"Don't be so crass," Nagito said uncharacteristically harsh as if breaking the immersion of his humanity but even the dazed looks weren't enough to persuade Kazuichi, whom only stepped aside briefly clutching his own bandaged arm.

"You got hurt, too." Makoto reacted quietly with a sympathetic gaze.

"Nah, Makoto," Kazuichi said retracting that arm to clutch firmly Makoto's shoulder. "Can't expect us not to be hurt after all that."

Those wings.

Would he need them again?

Could he summon the bravery in what his heart called into?

Makoto half smiled relying on the clutch tensely but with an underlying respite, he couldn't be more grateful that storm was only, if barely clearing up but it never meant that it couldn't be woken again but he could count on his Persona and the team; yet It was a terrible sentiment that he couldn't retreat far from the restraints of his unconvinced mind and if he continued to be in the hospital would it be enough to make up for it?

"Nagito, thank you."

"Hey! Why are you thanking Komaeda? He has only-"

"He is part of our team and while, I can't say more other than we'll be late!"

"SHIT!" Kazuichi screamed bolting straight while more students were converging and even entering the same space ahead but Makoto could only stay, refrained by the headaches plaguing him.

"Nagito. What I really wanted to say was," Makoto's only transformation was the ending of his upper lips into a half-sullied frown. "I know what you want. You're truly the death, we're not seeking. The Death Arcana..."

"Good play Makoto Naegi."

"That's not it either-please give us more time than this, please. We can show you how much we'd stand against your death." A plea, however metaphorizing against Nagito's unnerving eyes wasn't destined to be. "I know what those wings mean and I know what you do too. You're the true death, I refuse to believe in."

"I'll give you until Christmas Eve to decide on the bliss filled ignorant life or the dread of mortality."

Ah, Christmas was revving up and even though December would be entering the midpoint, no snow was falling now, at least, maybe because the sky didn't feel that it would be better to die at eve than to have its forsaken tears on these grounds.

"Thank you for this chance."