Treasure Every Moment

"I'm back here...again."

"Of course, you are because after all we do have a contract. You've yet to fulfill your role in all of this." Igor didn't move but somehow it was all the same now because Naegi knew the procedure and knew sometimes that Igor summoned him for whatever reasons.

"Don't you realize, I can't? This was a mistake...if I could take it back, I would."

So much doubt and yet, Naegi couldn't come up with anything plausible to escape into but he remembered the scenes clearly. Nagito had awakened his Persona but there was no there was no waking up Naegi and making him cry. If they had to, he'd shed no tears and it didn't disturb him too much that his heart felt barren for the things that were there seemed easier to grasp.

"You're our esteemed guest and we are at your disposal. Ask the questions if you have them."

"Why me? Why me? I can't do this..."

"You were chosen by fate that you come here. Your role is significant here."

"Don't you hear me? I made a mistake! Rip the contract and let me go! I can't do this anymore. I can't keep waiting for people to wake me up and hurt me."

There was only the passing silence and yet, Naegi couldn't let go. He had voided his reasons for living, didn't he? He abandoned his sister, turned his back on family and thoughts of bliss and yet, he sought some reconciliation to the heart and soul inside.

"Is this all my fault!?"

Was the Dark Hour existing only to suck the air from Naegi? Or were they both living off each other mutually? Why did the Dark Hour start 5 months ago and what did Fuyuhiko know? His family had a hand, otherwise why were the Evokers a big deal and why he gathered the team like that, right?

He had find the source and if it meant dying, let it be.

No, he wouldn't be lifeless so easily like his parents and if the memory served him correctly this war could be won but he fought this without a cause. He had no way of returning to that broken way but he had to try.

"I can't answer that as you will find your own answers."

"You're pissing me off, you know!?"

"You'll find your own answers and it's through our help." Elizabeth cut in being the tidy assistant she was, but her demeanor was of unknown origins like always. Sure, it could have been a cross of amusement but why would this agony be any fun to anyone?

"Fine."

Acceptance.

Destines were intertwined...and like always, Naegi experienced the disconnecting thoughts as he no longer saw Igor or Elizabeth. Why did he always have to be in between this all?

"Idiot. I expected this from Souda but not Naegi." Kirigiri's punishment implemented in the ways of her reprimands and somehow with a snoring Nagito on Naegi's shoulder, he saw through her pretentious ways and smiled.

"Why are you smiling?" She snapped.

"You care about me. You were worried about me. You and Byakuya."

"Hey! I did too!" Kazuichi exclaimed slouching on the couch but with Nagito's snores mellowing out, Naegi's heart felt lighter as if it felt good to be relied upon again.

"What!"

"I am grateful for all your concern, really. It has been awhile that I had that sort of thing. I had almost forgotten how it felt like."