Martyr

"SHIT! MAKOTO! CHIHIRO!" Kazuichi shouted as his body barreled backward and while his Evoker was reverberating with the shine of the evaporating Persona, Makoto couldn't do more for him other than angrily and obstinately hold his position. His position that was strategically placed by Byakuya although, the plan wasn't succeeding as they were all on the defensive still Makoto had hope and that hope was what Nagito wanted, right? Hope wouldn't help them here, only luck. Luck...

"PERSONA!"

More voices but it wasn't from the S.E.E.S members but Hajime and even then, his pseudo Persona seemed completely different but, with a strike and clash, it was a stalemate.

"Goddamn it! You won't...even think of...why it matters to die. Don't you want to LIVE!?" Makoto screamed putting the Evoker back at his temple. "Why must we all suffer for your own pain!? I don't want to die...I don't want..."

"And yet, your arrival here was destined. The Dark Hour has always gone on without you and now, let The Fall resume in you." Hajime's voice was quite ominous if a bit bland, but what really struck Makoto was the way it felt so familiar. The Fall?

"W-What!"

"No need to talk anymore."

Why did the constant struggle mean anything other than what they wanted? The Pseudo Persona reappeared and as Makoto shuffled his own collection of Personas in his mind but constantly, he found himself locked in eternal combat with Hajime.

He couldn't even...even bear to see the beaten the S.E.E.S, and even worse, the defeat in their shining eyes but why did it have to be this way? Was this what Hajime ultimately wanted?

"I'm not dying and yet, I have too much to live for...Wait for me, Komaru as I will make it right." He trailed off hopeful that things could change if the smiles could return and the time before their parents' suicides would be struck off; But he had the courage to transform and even if it wasn't totally serious, he had his boyfriend Byakuya to even the intelligent Chihiro backing them off.

Why was this ragtag team family? Why was it, love? Familial love?

"If we plan on dying, it's better to stop you." The remark was golden and yet, combating the fatigue in him, the plan had to be decisive and precise which Byakuya was counting on, and only Makoto could deliver.

"I don't care if people want to die! Living is greater than dying!"

Examining the chaos, he saw the rest of the S.E.E.S members hold their own despite their bruised faces and steely expressions.

"Stay focused, Makoto!" Byakuya's curt voice balanced in Makoto's mind and while it was the first, it certainly wasn't the only one and as more chimed in, the choice was clearer. Clarity had shown him and with a lot more resolve, Makoto stood up more determined.

"PERSONA!"

Makoto flipped around his Evoker and then casually if perfectly clashed further against Hajime.

"YOU DON'T THINK, DO YOU, THAT WE WILL LOSE!"

"Stupid boy."

Fury struck Makoto and with heavier footsteps digging in, a sense of foreboding stuck, and he staggered as if the real time wasn't enough. As if time flowed endlessly. No constraint and yet, the feeling could be mutual.

Facing himself.

Facing himself.

"MAKOTO!"

"MAKOTO!"

"MAKOTO!"

The power of the Wild Card is in you...what path will you choose?

Wait, wasn't that the voice of the attendant in the Velvet Room? Why? Sure, this Wild Card business was true in that place, but what path could he walk in? Why was this a game to be played?

But he, Makoto Naegi, was dying, wasn't he? He felt the overwhelming spring of blood gushing out but why was Hajime so persistent in trying to kill Makoto? What did it have to do with The Fall anyhow? Did they need a sacrifice or worse, a martyr?

"PERSONA!"

"MAKOTO!"