Sky Was The Limit

The sky was the limit and yet, tracing the fabric of his hospital gown as the knowledge and flashes of battles raged behind his closed eyelids; But he had become a regular patient here now taking in the light breeze shooting through his messy hair and there he studied his boyfriend fast asleep in the chair with arms crossed.

"Makoto."

"Byakuya...I'm sorry for it all."

"Makoto."

Mumbling and half dazed Byakuya's eyes flickered from off and on till the nodding off was permanent and Makoto could take into the facets of Byakuya's relaxed mouth.

"You shouldn't be so hard on yourself."

Makoto perked up upon recognizing the voice yet wasn't dreaming forbidden? Wasn't the wings that he accosted been a mistake? What had occurred in those moments with Hajime and why wings at all? Makoto's fists balled briefly before releasing. Although he felt undeserving to the ethereal emotion creeping onto him and taking over briefly, he was still chosen. Did the Persona grant him this wish?

Did they see his endless looping defeat as pity?

"Chihiro."

Could Persona even sense those complexities?

The door quietly squeaked closed and Makoto realizing that he was awake in this dream-lucidity wasn't quite a fit for him, but the expectations were going forever in his mind even if it felt breathtaking.

Breathtaking and so wanting to figure that seamless caress but going on forever wasn't possible, it never was until those were the only words escaping his chapped lips.

It wasn't anything but to him, it was everything.

Cursing wasn't new yet renewing the momentum was happenchance again. Happenchance.

"I'm going to give you gray hair soon." He remarked. "Or maybe I've done that already. Why, Byakuya? Why everything? If I'm death does that mean that I will bring the world to the brink or worse eliminate the life I've always sought? The life that you all have shown me to be precious. I don't know anymore. I don't. Please help me reconsider my heart."

The fury in Hajime's gaze was terrifying and tempting to replicate although it could be the way in Makoto's case the refusal to be anything more than the conclusion that he yearned for.

"I can't keep doing this to you and everyone. Please forgive me, Byakuya. Please."