Chapter 1

I can't remember if I warned about strong language... whelp there's strong language and now you have been warned. 

CHAPTER 1

The Evans family were new to the area. Laura Evans had found a position of assistant principal at John Patrick's High School. A new town, a new job, a new life would be a perfect change to the heartbreak of their old home. She moved to Lythberg with her 17 year old daughter Tracy and her father in law, Roger Evans, who had been living with them since his wife had died 12 years ago. Roger had wanted to stay behind. He did not want to burden his daughter in law after his son, Frank, died but Laura and Tracy were not hearing it and so he came as well.

 He did not want to burden his daughter in law after his son, Frank, died but Laura and Tracy were not hearing it and so he came as well

^Laura Evans^

Tracy was optimistic but luckily her practical nature kept her grounded. Her father's death had been particularly hard. He had been a great husband, awesome dad, and a police officer. One night he had answered a call from a young girl in a bad neighborhood. Her mother was being assaulted by the woman's ex. When he arrived he managed to arrest the perpetrator but then was attacked by a group of individuals that remain unidentified. Coming to a new place has really helped them move on rather than be stifled with a constant bombardment of memories.

 Coming to a new place has really helped them move on rather than be stifled with a constant bombardment of memories

^Tracy Evans^

Laura didn't want Tracy to feel suffocated, given that she would be the new assistant principal. She had arranged to buy a used car for Tracy to make the 20 minute drive to school. Tracy found a job at the library in town to make the car and phone payments so the burden wouldn't fall on her mother. Being able to help pay bills gave her a sense of pride for taking on a responsibility.

The town stretches between the foothills of the Sky Ridge Mountain Range. It was a small city that boasted its own college. Dense forest and mountainous terrain surrounded the town. Their ranch style farm house was located 30 minutes from the city's center going through narrow back roads almost the entire way. Tracy loved the area and the house.

They moved in the two weeks before school began. Laura had to start early for orientation and training. Now it was a Monday morning, the first day of school, and Tracy could hardly contain her excitement. She had always been able to make friends though usually those friends were considered "loser" girls or guys. She had never been able to make friends with the "normal" girls because they always seem to be jealous. She never tried to be friends with the popular crowd because she didn't give a crap about their status. All in all she tended to be well liked and compassionate but never took anyone's bull without a fight.