Chapter 19 (Short Bonus)

Short Bonus Chapter: Chapter 19

This is just a look at one of the dates that Eli, Jonathan's wolf, takes Tracy on. Wolves and their human can communicate all month and can also shift at anytime. It's just that the wolf side is stronger and can push through to the human easier one week before the full moon and up to 3 days after. Eli takes advantage of this lapse to woo his mate since Jonathan is being an idiot. Note that Eli's idea of a "date" is not your average dinner and a movie because he's still a wolf.

Tracy wore a pair of blue skinny jeans with a plain light green shirt. She knew to dress simply and practically. Picking up a jacket, she stuffed it into her rucksack along with a blanket, some matches, knife, seasonings, and other supplies. 

She heard scratching, going to the window she sees eyes the color of the forest leaves looking in. Smiling she opens the window, a large silver furred head pokes in, a set of clothes dangled from its mouth. Tracy smiled and rubbed Eli's head while taking the clothes.

"I'll be down in a minute." she said stuffing the clothes in her rucksack as well.

Eli let out a small woof before jumping off the top of the shed roof below Tracy's window. Strapping on her sack, she shut the window before rushing out. Exiting the front door to where Eli waited at the top of the steps, she smiled seeing the impatient look on the wolf's face. Stroking the soft silver fur, she climbed onto his back. Standing to his full height Eli bounded down the stairs, across the open sun filled lawn, and into the darkening forest.

The birds chirped merrily as Eli raced through the trees, leaping over fallen moss covered logs and ducking under branches, always mindful of the precious cargo on his back.

Tracy had never experienced anything so thrilling. She completely trusted that no matter how much they twisted and turned, Eli would make sure they were safe. Arriving at a quiet part of the forest with only the babble of a nearby brook to provide a melodic sonata, just as beautiful as any lovely musical piece Carla would play, Tracy began to gather sticks and leaves to start a fire while Eli hunted for their meal.

After the fire had caught, Tracy began gathering bigger piece of wood. Hearing a loud growl she stood and watched as a fat brown rabbit bounded into the clearing followed closely by a snapping Eli. Swiping out a large paw, the silver wolf quickly ended his prey.

Pulling out the extra clothes, Tracy held them up as Eli dropped the limp rabbit hanging from his mouth. Gently taking the clothing, Eli went behind a tree to shift. Returning in human form, he took a sharp knife from Tracy's hand before pulling her in for a kiss.

"Ew... rabbit breath." she teased.

Eli quickly licked her cheek causing her to squeal.

"EWWW.... ELI!" Tracy screeched as she wiped away the saliva.

He grinned unrepentant causing her to giggle. He loved the sound, it made his heart bubble with joy. He nipped at her neck tickling her sensitive skin, she laughed while he teased. Their stomachs grumbled at the same time ending their play. Placing one last kiss on her forehead, Eli set to work on cleaning and prepping their meal. Tracy seasoned the meat and put it on a spit. After adding some foil covered potatoes to the coals, they snuggled together as the air turned colder and evening grew darker with the fading sun.

"What's your favorite color?" Eli asked.

"Purple and turquoise." Tracy answered, "Yours?"

"It was orange like the sunset or green like the summer leaves." He traced a finger down one soft smooth cheek to her chin pulling her gaze to his, "But my favorite color now is grey, a beautiful glorious grey. As comforting as the clouds on a cold wet day where all you want to do is snuggle up somewhere and read a good book. Grey days always make me feel at peace and I'm lucky because get to have that feeling every time I look into your eyes."

Tracy leaned up to place a soft kiss on Eli's lips, "Who knew that a wild wolf could be so sweet?"

Jonathan's consciousness was watching from the back of Eli's mind. Eli usually blocks him out so that he discovers nothing personal about their mate. But as punishment Eli allows Jonathan to see moments like this where everything is perfect and his mate is pressed close, staring at him with love, and the sweet innocent kiss that makes him want to lay the world at her feet.

This could be us all the time. Eli said in through the link.

Jonathan did not respond. He simply watched his mate as she leaned forward to pull the meat and potatoes from the fire. 

Eli sighed, his sadness pushing through the bond, I want our mate but she won't take just one part she wants every piece.

Eli closed the link pushing Jonathan back to the quiet part of his mind.

"Here you go." Tracy said handing him a piece of meat and potato.

Eli took the offering, placing a lingering kiss on her soft lips, "I definitely want a second helping of this for dessert." he said with a smile as Tracy's cheeks took on an attractive rosy hue.

Placing his forehead gently against hers he said, "You're perfect love, absolutely perfect."

======================================

Sniff, sniff. That was beautiful! 

Aw Eli is just so sweet. 

I wonder if I can marry a figment of my imagination? 

Hoped ya'll liked it.