Chapter 56

Thanks to all that have voted, followed and/or added me to their reading list. Y'all are awesome!

I don't think I've put in a picture of Lord Parrish yet. He'll be in this chapter.

CHAPTER 56

Before reading this chapter, please note that it is based very loosely on historical events. It is a work of complete fiction. Try not to get your historically correct panties in a twist.

7 days ago...

Cade hadn't left Lady Anna's side since arriving. He was obviously worried but at the same time he seemed so incredibly happy being with his Eternal One once again. Tracy promised herself that no matter what she would find a way to keep them together.

"Gideon once told me that a birthmark helps identify your Eternal One." Tracy said.

"Birthmarks are more of a confirmation. I have a white birthmark in the shape of a leaf right above my heart."

"Given the high neck clothing Lady Anna usually wears. How did you know she was your-"

"A vampire can sense their Eternal One without touching or even seeing them. It's like being color blind your whole life and then in one incredible moment you suddenly see things that are indescribable." He looked at Lady Anna's sleeping face with all the love in his heart. It made Tracy ache for her own mate. 

Cade smiled, "She's the brilliance in my cold dull world and all the light I'll ever need."

They were silent for a moment.

"Why can't you be together?"

"Lord Parrish." Cade spat out with such hatred that Tracy flinched.

"Anna had come to America with her husband, Thomas. They were Puritans who came aboard the Mayflower."

"Seriously? Well that would explain her rather straitlaced ways I guess."

Cade smiled sadly, "I'm afraid there's more to the tale than that."

"History has a general explanation for what happened after the colonist had landed. But what happened to Anna and Thomas Cloud, a childless couple and last second addition, was lost. Thomas like most adults did not survive the first year. Anna did her best to help orphaned children in those months. They had all lost someone, the struggle was terrible and death was always lurking like a hungry beast. What came next for her, however, was the beginning of the true terrifying nightmare.

^Lord Parrish^

^Lord Parrish^

Lord Parrish was a vampire from England who had been banished from his family's coven. Deciding to make a new life, he went to America on a ship that landed on Roanoke Island off the coast of North Carolina. It became known as the Lost Colony. Roughly 115 people disappeared. Some believed that Natives captured them, others say that it could have been a sickness. The truth was far more horrific.