Chapter 26

For @Kaila_2121 You're awesome! Thanks for the comments and votes! They mean a lot to me.

CHAPTER 26

Tracy sat in a nearby tree to observe the carnage. Six rogue wolves were fighting against a group of pack members. Landon had been in charge of patrol, he, in wolf form, fought against an ugly mangy wolf. The rogues were rough and savage, snapping and clawing like rabid wild dogs.

More rogues came through the trees. The eight pack members including Jonathan were soon facing off against two or three rogues. Tracy ran up through the branches of the mighty oak and dropped to the ground, pulling out her black Bowie knife. Everything stopped for a moment as all those in the fight paused to observe a newcomer.

Three rogues burst through the trees charging at Tracy. Her grey eyes now shone like liquid silver, glowing brightly. She brought her knife up and jumped to the side as a rogue leaped forward. Blood splattered as her knife found it's target. Another charged from the behind, sensing the danger Tracy gracefully pulled a back somersault and landed on top of the wolf driving both knives into its skull before ripping them out. Grabbing a passing wolf by its tail she whipped it around, hurling into another rogue, before crashing into a tree trunk. The pack members quickly killed the rest of the rogues.

Landon was about to finish off the last rogue but Tracy grabbed the ruff of his neck, "Wait!"

"What?" Jonathan asked shifting.

Tracy looked at the young small puppy like wolf laying on the ground with several injuries, a look of resignation was prominent on it's features. Unlike the other rogues the coat on this wolf wasn't matted or filthy. The wolf though skinny didn't have the unhealthy sickness that the other rogues had. Perhaps it was a new rogue but given how skinny the wolf was, if it had been part of a pack it was extremely malnourished. Every instinct told her that this wolf was an innocent and needed her as a protector.

Tracy walked forward, Jonathan grabbed her arm, "Stay back, you can't trust a rogue."

"Stop," Tracy whispered, trying to shake off his grip, he refused to let go, Tracy sent him an annoyed look before looking back at the wolf, "Shift." she commanded with the strength of a true Luna.

The tiny sized wolf shifted into a young girl she didn't look older than 10 or 11. Landon had shifted back and brought shorts for Jonathan and a large t-shirt. Grabbing the shirt Tracy pushed it over the girl's head. The girl pulled her arms through, standing the shirt came to her knees.

"What is your name?" Tracy asked gently.

"Carrie Talts."

^Carrie Talts^

^Carrie Talts^

"How old are you Carrie?" Tracy asked gently.

"Almost 11, Luna." The girl replied. All the werewolves in the clearing were shocked. Most pups didn't transform until the were about 13 or 14. The girl must carry alpha blood and been through something traumatic in order to be forced to shift so soon.