Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

The part of her that had hoped that Jack had merely over exaggerated, died as the chemistry class went on. Mr. Baines was 2 inches taller than Reilly who was 6 foot 3 inches.  Reilly had told her that his father was Black and his mother had been Asian. His father was definitely the teacher a lot of girls had a crush on. To Tracy he was terrifying. This class was important and anything less than an A wasn't going to cut it.

"Hey don't worry." Jack said after class, "You can come to my place and study with us."

"Yup," Reilly said, "You're ahead in all the other classes. You can help us and we'll help you."

Tracy sighed, "I'm going to have to do something. How about Saturday? I have to work in the morning shift every other Saturday and I'm off this weekend."

"Sounds good to me," Jack said while the others nodded in agreement.

----------------

On Wednesday, Tracy and the guys sat down to lunch together. A crash sounded and they looked up. To see a girl dressed head to toe in black on the floor while a huge guy, obviously a jock stood above her. Tracy immediately started to make her way over as everyone else just stared and snickered.

"Watch where you're going you dumb bitch." The jock yelled throwing a full unopened carton of chocolate milk at the poor girl.

The girl raised her arm to defend herself from the flying object but Tracy caught it.

"You're just as much at fault, you have eyeballs too." Tracy said calmly.

The guy roared in outrage. Tracy winced, "Do you have to make all that damn noise?"

Picking up a tray, the guy started to swing it at Tracy. She ducked and hit him in the ribs as hard as she could. There was a cracking sound, the large guy yelled in pain and swung his arm out knocking her down. Jack, Reilly and Landon snapped out of their trance and jumped up to intervene noticing that the guy was losing control and his wolf was coming out. With humans around, exposure was the last thing they wanted.

"WHAT'S GOING ON?!" A loud voice boomed through the open room causing everyone to flinch and freeze.

Mr. Baines came over to where they stood. The guy lowered the tray, he let out a whimper at the Beta's glare and the girl on the floor started to scoot away. The Beta's presence had no effect on Tracy as she got back up.

"Well?" He demanded.

"This girl was getting bullied and I stepped in to stop him." Tracy replied simply.

Mr. Baines glared at the girl. Tracy felt alarmed on the girl's behalf and was ready to once again defend her. The tension was cut with an "Excuse me." Everyone turned, Laura stood there arms askimo, "Tracy? What's going on?"

Tracy opened her mouth to respond but was interrupted when Mr. Baines suddenly growled, "MINE!"

"I'm sorry?" Laura asked puzzled.

Jordan Baines just stared hard at the woman before him. She was beautiful with light honey golden hair, big clear blue eyes that were winged with thick lashes, soft pink lips that any warm blooded male would fantasized about for days. She was perfect, and her scent of lilacs and rain was driving him crazy. He hadn't felt this way since his wife passed eight years ago. It was like the world dropped beneath him. He wasn't expecting this... ever. Second chance mates were extremely rare, almost as rare as being over 25 and unmated. But things do happen and he wasn't about to question it.

Jack, Landon, and Reilly exchanged looks. They heard the Beta say, "Mine," which was a claim and a warning to other males. Reilly looked at his dad's new mate carefully and realized that she looked familiar, his suspicions were confirmed when Tracy spoke, "Sorry mom. It was just an accident."