Chapter 57

CHAPTER 57 (Trigger Warning Please Proceed with Caution!)

This chapter is not attacking anyone's beliefs or perspectives. No matter how you feel on certain issues I write according to what makes the most sense for my characters.

6 days ago...

"Damn it Tracy!"

The furious expletive was yelled out as Tracy was descending the staircase the next morning almost causing her to lose her footing. Shocked, she gripped the banister while putting her other hand over her racing heart as she looked around for the culprit.

Gideon, dressed in his usual black expensive suit, stood there glaring at her, "Why the hell are you here?!"

"Would you stop screaming at me?!" Tracy yelled back irritated as she came down the last few steps. She hadn't been feeling well that morning. Sleep had eluded her the night before as she grieved with her friends. She was in no mood to deal with a vampire with a bug up his butt. She snorted slightly when she recalled Dameon calling them "fleas."

Jordan came hurrying down, looking like he was about to beat somebody's backside, "What's with all the damn shrieking?!"

"Everyone shut the fuck up!" Dameon roared adding his voice to the melee before grabbing his head and doubling over, "OW! Fuck!" he moaned obviously feeling crapulence as he stumbled over to a bench and sat ungracefully down.

Tracy wrinkled her nose, "Stop drinking so much and you wouldn't be hungover now. Wait! You're a werewolf. How much did you drink in order to actually have a hangover?"

Dameon just groaned since glaring hurt his eyeballs too much.

Tracy felt someone grab her arm none too gently. A slight electric current came from Gideon's touch which puzzled her, "Why are you here?" he gritted out, "You're supposed to be at home resting since your lying friend has been telling everyone that you've been sick."

"First of all, let go of my arm you're leaving bruises." She waited until he complied, "Second, I haven't been feeling well so Carla hasn't lied. Third, I received a message from my grandfather and it's best we talk about it in private later."

Gideon continued to glower at Tracy while Jordan came over to make his presence felt in case the vampire decided to get touchy again. Dameon's loud snores broke the silence. Gideon looked disgustedly at his host as Ruby came forward to show him his room. Jordan went to get breakfast as Tracy stayed to ask a couple of the male rogues to carry Dameon to his room.

Tiffany walked in a minute later. While her arms and hands could move freely, her wrists were bound by wide metal cuffs that were linked together with about a yard of a thin metal chain. Her ankles were also tethered in a similar fashion.

"Luna? Can I speak with you?" she asked meekly contrary to her usually haughty and arrogant persona. 

Tracy was shocked at her demeanor but was careful not to let it show on her face. They walked outside to a cactus garden that sat on the west side of the house. Tracy was astonished at the variety of different cacti growing there. The prickly vegetation had an astonishing display of colorful flowers that were late bloomers. The pathway was made of dark brown gravel. Large boulders were cut to make benches. Tracy made a mental note to come back out here and explore but for now there was a more pressing problem. Tiffany appeared to be in deep thought and it made Tracy nervous.

If Tiffany was going to ask to return to the Cub Creek Pack then she felt that she had an obligation as a Luna to bring her home. However it would also mean a trial and punishment which could very well end up being banishment. And once declared a rogue, Tracy as Luna could no longer help her.