Chapter 63

CHAPTER 63

Present Day...

Tracy stared out the window. The scenery was beautiful here. The Tutor style house sat on a huge lake. Vampires loved clean dark houses. She couldn't find a speck of dirt anywhere. Gideon had commented that vampires had enhanced vision and immaculate nature that tended to appreciate orderliness.

Looking around the medium sized bedroom she tried to picture herself living here. It was very austere and cold. Even the sheets were pulled so tight you could bounce a quarter on it. Nothing was out of place.

Shaking her head, Tracy preferred the warmth of home. She thought of the stone house that she and Jonathan shared. Her heart ached but little by little the hurt began to lessen. Gideon walked into the room. He looked so handsome today dressed casually with a black jeans and a plain white t-shirt

That emphasized the contours of his muscular lean frame.

"Wow. I didn't know you owned casual clothes."

"You said I looked like I was always getting ready to attend a funeral. Thought I might change things up a bit." he said with a shrug before wrapping his arms around her hugging her tightly.

"You're sad."

Tracy shrugged, "Nervous I guess."

"This involves me as well you won't be alone. I've waited too long for my Eternal One. Jonathan won't stop me from being with you till the end."

Tracy sighed again before smiling at him, "I guess we had better tell him then."

"Sorry about last night."

"It's ok but I'd appreciate it if you would calm down. If something is wrong then I'll let you know immediately." Tracy said. "It's weird because nothing ever seems to phase you but a slight twinge and you fall apart."

"The world means nothing to me. That little tiny heartbeat, however, is my everything."

----------------

Jonathan scrubbed away at the layers of dirt and grime on his skin. The turmoil in his mind clashed with the relief he felt that his mate was coming home. Before Tracy, everything was about the good of the pack and nothing came before that. Now, he felt torn.

Turning off the shower, he dried himself off and shaved. Never again did he want to be without his mate. It was impossible for him to pull himself out of the depression he fell into. He sighed heavily. He would need to talk to Solomon and find out what happened at the meeting.

Jack was sitting on his bed waiting, "Glad to see you're still alive. We have a problem."

"Can it wait?" Jonathan asked as he started putting his clothes on.

"No in fact SHE has gone into labor."

That made him pause, "Say what?"

"Congratulations you're about to be a father." Jack said caustically. "Redhead chick from the Red Moon Pack that you banged while you were there showed up here and is about to have a baby at any second. Possibly yours."

"What the fuck?! It can't be mine because I never empty in the carton. Besides, the math doesn't add up."

"Well... I don't know what to tell you but since you've finally emerged from your cocoon," Jack snarked sarcastically, "you can flutter the fuck over and find the hell out what is going on because I am too fucking stressed running this zoo for your extra baggage shit."

"What your tone." Jonathan growled in warning.

Jack snarled back and Jonathan was shocked. Jack had never defied him like this. Sighing Jonathan knew that he would have to calm down and find out what's been happening.

"Jack. I'm sorry."

"Look, I understand. Hell I would have burnt some shit down had Carla gone missing but the place is falling apart. The pack needs it's Alpha and I'm not it. While you've been out of it. Mom and dad left."

"Where?"

"Remember Robert Renner? The old guy that was like a second father to dad? Well he's dying and they went to the Florida Keys to stay with him since he doesn't have any other family. They got caught in a hurricane a couple of days after arriving, phone lines are down, and the airport is still a mess. Tracy is MIA and you've been holed the fuck up. Erik is dealing with his own crap. The armory has been broken into and supplies have gone missing. People have been acting as if they've lost their damn minds and the basement cells are full of pack members awaiting judgement for different offenses, mainly disruptive behavior and defying orders. If it wasn't for Carla and the others helping out, everything would have gone to shits."

Jonathan felt ashamed of all the pressure that he put on his younger brother. Knowing that he had a responsibility, he quickly finished dressing and hurried downstairs. His office was now clean and Solomon was sitting on a dark brown leather sofa drinking a glass of coke and black rum.

"Great! You look human again." he joked, "I must say Mrs. Whitman is amazing. I was fully convinced that they would need to bulldoze this section in order to get it straight. But she walked in with a broom, dust pan, and two girls and voila the joint is clean again."

"What happened at the meeting?"

"Your mate represented your pack." he gave a brief description of the discussions and decisions made before adding the part he dreaded, "she was challenged."

"WHAT?!" Jonathan roared.

"By whom?" Jack asked with concern.

"Elder Rameeta. He claimed Heir's Rights Challenge since his father had been made temporary Alpha of the pack."

Both men sighed somewhat relieved.

"That dude's so old the twins could probably take him down." Jack said.

"That's why he got a representative."

The room became very quiet and still.

Soloman shifted uncomfortably, "He said that since he was, 'past his prime,' he wanted another to represent him.

"Who?" the coldness in the Alpha's tone made the councilman nervous.

"Alpha Colin Winters of the Midway Pack."

The angry roar shook the rafters, birds flew from their perches startled by the furious sound, while pack members tiptoed quietly from the house.

==============================

So good. We are now caught up.

Comment, vote, and follow me for updates!