Chapter 28

Before I forget... Thanks jawncuffies for reviewing my book.

CHAPTER 28

When first presented to Jonathan and the others, they were against the idea of including Omegas. Tracy was able to convince Jonathan to allow this to be her project as Luna. Jordan had given his immediate support for Carla to be given the rank of Sub-Beta Trainer before he left. He insisted that it was her birthright to be a Beta rather than a Gamma. Everyone was shocked given the family history but Tracy backed it and Jonathan didn't argue.

Tracy immediately called for an assembly of the Omegas. Carla spoke to the Omegas who had gathered per their Luna's request.

"Omegas, there was a time when all wolves were given equal power by the Creator. The wolves divided themselves into packs. The ones that were physically stronger took power, the ones that had more cunning stole power, and then we have the ones who were the most powerful not because they were stronger, smarter, or special. No, they were the most powerful because they had the one thing that very few ever find. They had peace and happiness. The chains of greed did not bind them nor did the sorrows of life steal their smiles. They are the Omegas. I was one of you, I worked beside you. I was given the position of Sub Beta Trainer for the Protector who is your Luna. We ask you to draw upon your wolf's power to train and if necessary to fight for the sake of your future and your children's peace and happiness. A witch wreaked havoc over our world centuries ago. The threat of her power looms over all of us now. Those of you who are not train to stand and fight, will still be knocked down and slaughtered. It has been established by the old laws of wolves that Omegas would not have to join a fight. It doesn't mean you can't but it's your choice."

Carla paused as the crowd of over 200 Omegas whispered among themselves. A man wearing a red cap spoke up, "We cannot go up against other wolves there's no way that we can win against a witch."

Tracy stood, "I am not a wolf, I did not grow up in a pack but I had a family. My father lived and died to protect and serve. I am here for the same reason but I can't do it alone. The warrior wolves will of course fight but sometimes one drop is all you need to fill a bucket. If you train, then Carla and I will be your trainers. Pack members will be assigned to share the workload of maintaining the pack. Those of you who choose to train will write your name on this sheet. Once you sign, you will be trained to your fullest potential. We will meet here at 3 o'clock tomorrow afternoon."

One by one, the Omegas stepped forward. By the time the crowd had disbursed there were 27 names on the list. It was disappointing.

"Well to be honest that was actually more than I expected." Carla said.

Tracy sighed, "It is what it is. We train them and do what we can to prepare. We now have to round up some regular pack members to take over for some of the Omegas that signed up. Only the ones without regular jobs and young children."

"Crystal and the rest of the Barbie Bimbos?"

"Yep." Tracy said popping the "p."

"Well this should go over as well as a bucket of sunshine in hell."

"If people don't want to cooperate then it becomes a criminal offense to go against their Luna which means execution, imprisonment, or banishment. But I don't want to go that far." Tracy said.

"They could always challenge." Carla said with a crafty smirk.

"Challenge?"

"It's an old law when the wolves were more democratic and equal in strength. Unlike the New Moon Challenge, you don't lose position instead you agree to a temporary slavery of sorts. Where if one wins, then the other forfeits their lives to the winner for an agreed amount of time and only death will break the contract. That means they have to do any and everything that is demanded of them. So if you beat the cream and tar out of a bitch then no one else will dare question you."