Chapter 9

CHAPTER 9

After a quick hello and thanks to the ladies working in the kitchen, Tracy headed to the main hall to find John.

"Ah Tracy," Alpha John said, "Ready to begin a tour?"

"Of course." Tracy replied with a smile.

The front door opened and her grandfather walked in just as Jack, Reilly, and Landon appeared.

"Hey Grandpa! How's mom?" Tracy asked.

"She's doing very well. You don't have to worry." Roger said giving her a hug, "I explained everything. She knew what your father and I were and she said to tell you that she loves you no matter what and not to worry she understands that you're going to need to train."

"I'll call her tonight. Wait. How did mom know?"

"I didn't want to live my life with lies and secrets so I told your grandma before we got married. Your father did the same."

"So when were you going to tell me all those stories were true?"

"Well since you were already dismissed from the council's list for not having powers, we were going to wait until you turned 18 before you left for college. There's always a very strong possibility that your son would become a Hunter." Roger said before looking around, his eyes settled on Jonathan and in a softer voice added, "Now I'm not so sure."

Before Tracy could ask what he meant, a lady in a bright yellow dress bustled in, "John have you seen my broach? Oh sorry, I didn't realize we had guests."

"Not a problem dear please come and meet Mr. Roger Evans and his granddaughter, Tracy. Roger, Tracy this is my beautiful mate, Camilla." Alpha John said fondly.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Evans." She said shaking Roger's hand.

"And you, my dear, must be the young lady that saved my boys and our niece." Camilla said walking towards her.

"Boys? Oh you mean the twins?" Tracy asked remembering the young boys surrounded by those Jinn things.

^The twins^

"That's right. Salim and Dayton." Camilla said with pride.

Jack chuckled, "They hate their names so we call them 'Sunny and Dee.'"

Camilla sighed, "They're perfectly good names," she defended as she gave Tracy a hug.

As soon as Camilla's cheek touched her own, Tracy had a vision of Camilla pulling a broach from a vanity table and pinning it to the front of her light purple dress.

"Tracy? Are you alright?" Camilla asked as she had pulled away and noticed Tracy's gaze apparently searching for something in the distance.

"Hmm? Oh umm, was your broach a light green gem with tiny dark green and light brown gemstones surrounding it? It's roundish?"