Chapter 53

CHAPTER 53

10 days ago...

Eli was furious. In the beginning, he was just as angry at Tracy's foolishness as Jonathan but then he was ready to forgive and forget after the first day. Jonathan insisted that she needed to learn from this and he needed some time to cool off.

After watching his mate in tears from the cruel words of rejection Jonathan doled out he was angry. Jonathan thought about what he had said and realized how wrong it was. Instead of seeking Tracy out immediately, he sulked in shame and fear that she wouldn't forgive him. All that emotion was now turning into panic.

Jonathan looked everywhere and asked everyone in the packhouse if they've seen Tracy. No one had laid eyes on her since the day before yesterday right after their fight. He had tried to mind link Tracy but it was dead silent. Running to the garage he jumped in his truck and tore off down the drive with spinning tires throwing up mud and gravel.

Reaching Laura's house he received a hostile lecture followed by the worrisome news that both Jordan and Tracy were missing and that neither had checked in. Since they were using cash he couldn't trace their cards or their cell phones.

---------------

Tracy awoke to Jordan's thrashing on the floor while groaning. Using her hand to rub the soreness from her neck, she spoke softly so as not to startle him, "Jordan? Shh. Everything's fine...-ish."

"Tracy?" He asked squinting through the cloud of dust he had stirred up in the predawn darkness.

"Yup."

He groaned as he sat up, "Who else is in here?"

"This is Ms. Farlow-"

"Please just call me Jane."

^Jane^

^Jane^

"Alright then. This is Jane of the Dark Valley Coven."

"I thought I smelt vampire." Jordan grumbled rubbing his hands over his face before looking around, "Where are we?"

"A storage shed on coven land. They were attacked yesterday. Jane was trying to get away when we crashed into her."

"So you were responsible for nearly killing us?"

"To be fair," Jane said seriously, "being hit by a vehicle traveling 63 miles per hour on a highway was not a delightfully pleasant experience either."

"I guess not." Jordan said as he tried to stand in the cramped confines of the shed. But the ceiling was only 6 feet so he had to stay bent, opening the door he looked around cautiously.

"We need to be careful." Jane said, "We're still on coven land and patrols will likely be set up. It's best that you leave as soon as possible."

Jordan shut the door and sat down on the hard floor that had his bed, "How far to the nearest town?" he asked.