Chapter 48

CHAPTER 48

Jackson was not happy. First and foremost, taking them to Dameon Wilde would mean leaving his mate behind. No female, mated or not, within a 100 miles of the Rogue King was safe. The man had a reputation of being jaded and women could not resist his cruel charm. They feared him as much as they drooled over him.

The difference between the "kingdom" of rogues and regular packs is the same difference between the early american colonies and the pirates of the Barbary Coast. A werewolf council was established to make and enforce laws to maintain order. Rogues were outcasts of the normal packs. Rogues with ambition and Alpha blood would savagely fight to the death to establish their kingdoms. In all there were 8 known rogue kingdoms that were set up in the "Unclaimed" Lands all over the world. These areas were considered neutral territory. As long as the rogues didn't attack anyone then they were left at peace by enforcers from the Werewolf Council or Born Were-Hunters such as Tracy's father.

Dameon held claim to all of the United States. He maintained control by intimidation and fear. However others have started to silently rise to power and Jackson wondered how much longer the Rogue King would hold his throne. Already others have started to use the title of royalty. 

Jackson was completely against taking his daughter and step daughter anywhere near "Rogue Ranch" as they had named the king's domain. The ranch was located in a remote desert area in New Mexico. Jackson remembered Dameon from when he first was banished from his pack. He had been a mere child about 6 years old but had seen more with his young eyes that gave him more of a world weary gaze than men 6 times his age.

The previous king, Dameon's father, was sadistic hedonist and the drugs and orgies were unbelievable. Jackson had stayed there for almost 3 years as a bodyguard for Dameon. He met Carla's mother, Mina, there. She was a human that had been invited to a party. Normally the king would have first dibs but Jackson had saved Dameon's life during a hunt the day before and he was given first rights on the new "party slut" as a reward.

^Mina^

^Mina^

Jackson became a "lone" wolf by choice after he scented his pup growing in Mina's belly. She had become an addict and staying around the ranch would have been a constant temptation due to the free flowing drugs that was in abundance. So Jackson essentially kidnapped Mina and forced her to get clean so that his pup would be born healthy.

It was such a messed up time and Jackson had no desire to revisit that place. Jordan and Laura mind linked him to find out why they could feel his distress. Jackson said that everything was fine and he would tell them when they got off work. Carla could also feel his turmoil over the paternal bond.

"Dad. You don't have to do this." She said quietly.

Tracy nodded, "It's a lot to ask. But it has to be done. If you could just give us the location-"

"Then what, Luna?" Jackson asked his dark stone cold gaze trapping her own, "That place is a hell. The last "King" was Caligula reincarnated. Vlad the Impaler was nowhere nearly as creative in his methods of torture and death. The Creator only knows what sort of creature his son is. It's a place where no one can save you. What happens there doesn't matter to anyone. If the council or our Alpha finds out that you are wanting to go to such a place you will be locked up and forbidden to leave. If you go without their knowledge, then your on your own and help will not reach there in time."