Chapter 52

I am shocked and excited...

OVER 2K READS!!!

AND

252 VOTES!!!

>awkward happy dance<

To everyone that hit that little "star" icon at the bottom of the page... thanks for the vote!

CHAPTER 52

11 days ago...

Jordan and Tracy sat together on a charter bus to California. Tracy had explained that no one could know where they were going or be able to track them. So they blocked the mind links altogether. Jordan bought a temporary prepaid cell phone that would allow him to talk to his mates every evening.

"So California huh?" Jordan said.

"Not quite. We're getting off near Denver."

"What's in Denver?"

"Hopefully a rental car place." Tracy said vaguely.

"Still not going to tell me where we're going?"

"No not yet."

They sat in silence for a while. The bus eventually rolled into a buffet restaurant for dinner. Jordan and Tracy made their selections before taking a seat at a small table for two away from the other passengers.

"What was that book you got in the mail?" Jordan asked nodding at the satchel on the back of her chair.

"The Journal of Mohammed the Wizard, it's said to contain the location of Ivory White's prison."

"I thought that was a myth."

"Apparently not. There are a bunch of bad guys trying to find it."

"What's it say?"

"No idea. It's written in a language I don't recognize with symbols I've never seen. I'm going to have to talk to Isiah or Gideon when we get back." Tracy said, resuming her meal.

"If a bunch of bad guys are looking for it then shouldn't be put in a safe somewhere? Instead of strapped in an oversize purse and dragged across country?"

"Where I go it goes. Besides, I haven't had a chance to gather more information from it."

"Thought you couldn't read it."

"I can see visions of an items past by coming in contact with it or the person that was in possession of it."

"Wow."

"ATTENTION!" A loud voice from the bus driver boomed across the dining room drawing the focus of all the patrons, "The charter bus for California will be leaving in 10 minutes."

Twenty minutes later they were once again on the highway. Most of the passengers had inclined their seats back and were napping. A baby started crying and his poor parents looked exhausted.

"Who the fuck brings a baby on a bus?" A woman in her late 20s, sitting in front of them, asked her friend.

"God I'm so glad I don't have kids. They ruin your life." her friend replied.

Jordan stood and walked down the aisle. He leaned down and talked with the parents. A few minutes later, Jordan walked back carrying the small child in his arms.

"Ugh!" The bitch in front of them complained, "Don't bring that 'thing' back here."

"If you don't like it," Jordan said calmly rocking the baby in his arms, "There's the door feel free to jump out." He glared menacingly at them silencing any further protest, "Not like y'all have anyone that actually needs you."