Chapter 34

CHAPTER 34

They woke up late the next morning to Jack screaming in their heads.

"Ow! What the hell?" Tracy asked looking around for Jack only to see no one other than Jonathan and herself but the disembodied voice continued to shout.

JACK!

Tracy heard Jonathan's angry growl but saw that he hadn't moved his lips.

"Wha-?" Tracy started.

"It's okay baby." Jonathan said wrapping his arms around her and pulled her to his naked chest, "It's just the mind link. When we completed our bond. You became part of the pack and are connected to everyone through me."

What's wrong, Jack? Jonathan asked.

I screwed up big time and now Carla is missing! Jack exclaimed in a panicked tone.

What?! Tracy yelled using the mental connection for the first time.

Is that Tracy? Have you seen Carla? Is she there with you? Jack asked quickly.

No and if you've hurt her, I will murder you! Tracy said angrily.

Babe! Let me handle this please. Jonathan said calmly, knowing how much Carla meant to his mate. He rubbed circles on her shoulder to soothe her.

"Fine. I'm still going to murder him though." Tracy grumbled letting Jonathan take over.

Jack what happened?

I don't remember what happened last night. I was sitting at the bar with Reilly and Landon listening to Carla sing. The next thing I know, I wake up naked and in Tiffany's bed this morning."

What?! Tracy screeched.

I swear I don't know how I got there or what the hell happened but I got out immediately and now I can't find Carla anywhere. Jack said his tone held the bewilderment, panic, and sadness he felt.

Jonathan knew that Tiffany and many of the other girls were jealous and now started to wonder how far they went, Calm down Jack. I'll get the trackers to find her. In the meantime, head to the clinic and have them do a hair and tissue analysis on you.

Jack groaned as the implication hit him but he was unwilling to give up looking for his mate, Finding her is more important.

You've already looked. Let the trackers do their job and you do what I told you. Jonathan said using his Alpha command.

Jack sigh, Fine, before begrudgingly cutting the link.

Jonathan linked Tobias, the head tracker. Laying back against the pillows for a moment he groaned. This was not how he had planned to spend this morning. He was newly mated and wanted nothing more than to continue where they left off last night. Damn it! He thought.

He could feel Eli stirring in irritation as well. Tracy placed a quick kiss on his lips distracting him from his forlorn thoughts.

"Do you think Jack was drugged?"

"It's the only thing that makes sense." Jonathan replied, "Tiffany threw herself at Jack in the club last night and he refused to have anything to do with her. It was actually the reason we left. And besides, no matter how much a werewolf drinks, there's no way that we can totally 'black out.'"

"So are they going to do a blood test?"

"No. Our blood would be clear of any drugs long before we could test it. Our hair, however, grows quickly. If there's any drugs in our systems then a hair sample could possibly give us a timeline. If done quickly enough a tissue sample would also give a better indication of the type of drug used." Jonathan explained.