Chapter 60

CHAPTER 60

3 days ago...

The plane ride was comfortable and roomy, perks of having a private plane. Airport security wasn't happy with the amount of jewelry Lucy was wearing but they never made her take it off. Cade wanted to take Lady Anna back to the small house on pack lands that he and Isiah were currently sharing. Tracy agreed and bought a set of tickets for them before calling Jackson to ask him to pick them up.

Tracy was so tired. She felt like crap which was making her irritable. Gideon wasn't helping with his constant hovering. If she yawned he would ask if she was alright. If she stood up he would be by her side. She finally snapped at him an hour ago when she sneezed and he wanted to call a doctor. Now she was lying on the bed, in her assigned room for her stay at the compound, resting just so Gideon would leave her alone.

What the hell is wrong with him? She thought before her mind wandered back to her mate. 

When they had when arrived at one of the Werewolf council's headquarters in Maine. It was a warehouse looking building in the middle of nowhere completely surrounded on all sides by trees. The meeting was to take place tomorrow morning. As of yet, Jonathan had not shown up.

Sighing sadly, Tracy reached for her phone and dialed Jonathan's number. A message came up saying that the inbox was full. Next she tried Carla's number. The call went straight to voicemail which Tracy thought was odd but before she could try again her phone died. Suddenly sleepy, Tracy set her phone on the nightstand to charge and fell into a deep restful slumber.

--------------

Somewhere in London

The filthy human scratched his balls as he leered at the woman before him. "I weren't expecting such a lovely vision such as yerself."

The woman wrinkled her nose in disgust as she looked around the hovel. The television hanging crookedly on a dilapidated wall was playing a football tournament. She was never into sports but soccer could be interesting if she was in the mood. Now was definitely not the time. It was a good thing she came, she wouldn't put it past her brother to stand right there in the middle of this nasty pile of trash that should be burnt to the ground and cheer whatever team he was rooting for.

Shivering at a sudden cold damp draft that found it's way under her heavy coat, she asked, "Where is the box?"

"Well now. What will I be getting in exchange for such a historic piece that's been a part of me family for generations?"

"That box and it's contents did not belong to your family. It was entrusted to the care of your great great grandfather for safekeeping until it was reclaimed by the bearer of a timepiece." Extending her hand she displayed a small hourglass that was layered with a heavy patina on its gold metal frame testifying to its age. A noise from another room drew their attention. A young boy, around the age of 14, stepped out holding a long ornate box. The boy had jet black hair and a troubled gleam in his equally black eyes. He was obviously malnourished and the ragged oversize clothes hung off his thin frame.

"Ere' now!" the man said charging over to the boy, "Wot's this? Put that back ya little shite. I'll be beatin ya black and blue for this!"

"If it's money you want," the young woman said, drawing the man's greedy gaze. Holding up a small bag, she pulled out a handful of solid gold coins for him to see. Dropping them back in, she threw it down on the dirty table, "This in exchange for the boy. You get nothing for the box since it doesn't belong to you."

The naked lust in his eyes glinted with greed as he focused on the heavy bag. Licking his lips he released the boy's arm and snatched up the purse.