Chapter 51

CHAPTER 51

12 days ago....

"I'm pregnant." She whispered.

Tracy sat alone with Laura in her mother's living room after she left the pack house.

"What?!"

"Are you upset?" (Author's Note: I am! I had no idea this was going to happen...).

"NO! No. I'm very happy for you all. How are you feeling?"

"So far so good. Not much by way of morning sickness."

"Soooo.... Who's the father?" Tracy asked taking a sip of coke.

"Well that part is complicated because both Jordan and Jackson claim that they can scent their 'pups' in my belly." Laura said hesitantly, "Either they're picking up their own scent or I'm carrying twins which would be strange, though not impossible, since twins don't run in my family."

"But I thought that you couldn't have more children because of the complications when I was born."

"That's right but since both Jackson and Jordan placed their claiming bites, it's changed me. Aging has slowed down and I noticed that when I accidentally cut my finger with a knife while making dinner the wound closed up almost instantly. So I guess I have werewolf healing as well."

"That's great mom. I'm finally getting the sibling I always wanted. But how do you feel about this?"

Tears gathered in Laura's eyes and a half sob choked out, "It's a dream come true. But what if I'm too old and not a good mother? What if I'm not healed all the way and something happens?"

"First of all, you're a great mother. I can personally testify to that. Thirty-six is not that old especially in werewolf years. Mrs. White, our pack cook and housekeeper, had her last baby at 68 so you'll be fine. And don't worry, I've seen wolf dads. They're extremely protective of their pregnant mates and you have two to pamper and look after your every whim and pickle filled craving. Besides, I heard that werepups are extremely resilient and it's very rare that they have any birth defects at all."

"But there's no guarantee that it will be a werewolf." Laura cried panicking as a whole new set of anxieties crashed through her mind. What if the baby is human and doesn't have werewolf healing? What if one of her mates die? Then they won't get to see their baby. What there's only one baby? One of her mates would be so disappointed. What if their so disappointed that they'll leave her? What if..... OMGoodness!!! WHAT IF THE BABY IS BORN WHAT FUR?!!!! And teeth?! Wait! How am I going to breastfeed?

"MOM!" Tracy shouted after the fifth time of trying to catch her mother's attention.

"What?!"

"First of all, is it just me or is the author really good at coming up with a list of anxieties that don't even exist both literally or figuratively?" Tracy asked.

"Yeah, I noticed that too." Laura said shaking her head, "The girl really needs to take a chill pill."

Author: Y'all are so mean... besides I'm an expert at coming up with situations that will never happen. Like if I'm driving down the highway and see a beer truck I always wonder how many times they get pulled over for a sobriety test.

>Laura and Tracy stare at Author<

"That's not even a situation."

Author: Exactly!...... uhem.... Okay I'm leaving... I should have NOT had that second cup of coffee.

"Secondly," Tracy says, taking her mother's hand, "do you remember when I was 4 and had to get a shot from the doctor? You said that the worst part was not the procedure itself but the fear of getting the shot. You told me to take a deep breath and relax. What will happen, will happen. Worry and fear accomplishes nothing except to make things harder. Breath and everything will be alright."