Chapter 11: Comfort Time

-Eva's POV

Lucas is speeding back to our house. When he pulls up outside, I don't wait for him to get out before I start charging towards the front door. I slam the front door open and hear the wailing from my sister. I throw my high heals off before sprinting up the stairs towards my sister's room. I get to Leila's room and can hear my uncle trying to soothe her. I run up to her and take her from his embrace. She is still slightly shaking but not thrashing like minutes ago. 

I sigh deeply while pressing her head further into my chest to allow her to hear my heart. She is still not awake. I begin swaying slightly and calming stroking her hair. I feel my uncle put his hand on my shoulder before he gets up and leaves the room shutting the door behind him. I lay back on her bed with her still firmly pressed against me. She is now sleeping peacefully and holding onto me for dear life. I am used to this by now and even the thought of knowing why  she does this causes my blood to boil. I want to rip that asshole apart but I breathe in deeply and just continue stroking her hair. I wish I would have grabbed Cara! 

I grab my phone out of my dress before messaging her. 

Eva: Cara, are you still at the club?

Not even a moment goes by before my phone dings back.

Cara: No, Asher came back to the table and told me you took off, I'm on my way back with the boys now. Be there in 5 minutes.

I sigh and lay my head back while waiting for Cara to get back. This is definitely not how I saw tonight going. After a few minutes, I feel the door open and the scent of sage and vanilla hits me. I pull my arm open enough for Cara to come in as well. She lays down caressing Leila's back while wrapping an arm around my stomach. I close my eyes and try to relax. They are both safe!

-Asher's POV

The moment she is outside the door, I bolt back up to our booth to see Marcus and Brody cuddling while Parker is whispering something into Cara's ear causing her to giggle. The moment she sees me, she stands up abruptly looking panicked. "Where's Eva!" 

"That guy from earlier told her there was an emergency and she took off. She said I need to get you home." I state while grabbing my keys. 

Parker stands up along with Marcus & Brody. "Is she okay?" Brody ask.

"I don't know, I didn't get a chance to react before she was out the door." I say while sounding frustrated. 

"I'm really sorry guys but I need you take me home now!" She says trying to push pass Parker. He doesn't let her and continues wrapping his arm around her shoulder while leading her towards the entrance. I am following behind with Marcus and Brody in the back. 

Parker and Cara climb into my Hummer while I jump into my driver's seat. Brody runs up to my door and tells me that he is going with Marcus to call to let them know whats going on. I nod before rolling back up the window and take off down the road. 

"Cara, everything will be okay." Parker says trying to soothe her.

"No, you have no fucking idea.." She grumbles out while she is tapping her leg in a very fast pace.

"Cara, are you okay?" He says putting his hand on her leg. 

"I need to know Eva is okay-" I cut her off.

"Why wouldn't Eva be okay?" I ask glancing back into my rear view mirror while still driving to her house quickly. I hear Cara sigh deeply and drop her head into her hands. Parker wraps his arms around her while she begins to sob. I grip the wheel tighter. Something is wrong?! I begin speeding a little more before pulling up into her driveway. Before I can even turn off the engine, Cara is sprinting towards the front door.  

"Should we go in?" Parker says turning towards me. I nod before getting out of the car and walking towards the front door. Cara is already gone but the front door is still open. "Hello?" Parker says in a questioning tone. 

A tall man who is built with short hair and piercing blue eyes comes towards the front door. He looks like he is related to Eva with those eyes except in his 30's. He stops to look at us. I speak up "We apologize for intruding sir but we were with Cara and Eva when some guy told her that there was an emergency." 

I study his face while he sighs and relaxes his shoulders before showing us to the living room. The guy from earlier is sitting in there drinking what looks to be a shot of whiskey. I try to remain calm even though I feel pissed about how handle Eva. I go and sit down with Parker beside me. He seems to be looking around the lavish room for somebody. The guy who lead us in chuckles before looking at Parker. "She isn't in here." 

Parker snaps his head towards him. "Who isn't in here?" he ask.

"Which ever one of my niece's has caught your attention." He says swirling the drink in the glass. So he is their uncle... "Who were you looking for?" He ask while leaning forward in his chair resting his elbows on his knees. 

"Cara sir, i apologize-"

"Don't be." He says while standing up and running his other hand on the back of his neck. "Both of them are quite beautiful."

"Sir, if you don't mind me asking... What was the emergency?" I ask leaning forward. Their uncle turns towards me and smirks.

"Eva must have your attention." He states while taking a drink. I felt like all the color was lost from my face while I dropped it down. He continues "Their sister Leila was having a nightmare and Eva is the only person who is able to coax her down."

He looks at me waiting for my reaction. I look at him with confusion. Why would Eva need to calm her down? Where is their parents? Why is she having nightmares? All these questions are running through my head but I know it would be rude to ask so instead I keep my mouth shut. Their uncle thrust his hand out to us. "I'm Drake Willow, Cara & Eva's Uncle. this-" he says gesturing towards the guy from earlier "is Lucas, he is a dear friend of mine and also the girl's driver." I try to remain calm and not look at Lucas. I shake his hand "I'm Asher Moore, and this-" I say gesturing towards Parker "Is Parker Weston."

"Nice to meet you sir." Parker says taking and shaking his hand. 

"Let me show you something boys" Drake says while stretching his hand out gesturing for us to follow him. 

We start heading up the stairs and weaving around the house. To say this house was huge is an understatement. He gently pushes a door open for us to look inside. He steps to the side while we look in. On the queen size bed in the middle of the room lies the girl who has captured my heart caressing both of her sisters. Eva has her arms wrapped around both of her sisters while Cara is laying on Eva's arm, their little sister is snugged tightly into Eva's side. She looks like a mother protecting her cubs. Drake gently nudges us to exit the room so he can close the door. We begin walking down the hallway when he begins speaking again. 

"I don't know what all the girls have told you and it is not my place to tell however...  I will tell you that they are inseparable. Eva has been there for both of them for a good portion of their lives and she - as well as me - will not allow any harm to come to them." 

I nod taking in what he is saying about Eva acting as their mother. Parker seems deep in thought as well. We get to the main door before Drake turns to me and says "Eva can take care of herself but if you upset her in anyway, I will bury you in place no one will find you." He states looking me dead in the eye telling me he is not joking. I nod my head and pale while Parker chuckles. Drake turns towards Parker "Oh don't worry my boy, what Eva will do to you will be far worse than his punishment." Parker then begins to gulp before nodding his head. Drake smiles and slaps us on the shoulders "Once the girls are awake and up for it, i'll tell them to give you a call." 

We walk out the door and head towards my Hummer. Once we are in Parker turns towards me. "Why do I get the feeling there is something big going on here?" I shake my head and start up my car. 

What the hell are you into Eva?