Chapter 47: Fix things with Eva

-Asher's POV

Buzz Buzz

I pull my phone out to see a text. I am currently in our pharmacy picking up the pill for Eva. After our incredible early morning together, we both slept in til noon. Cara and Leila must have woken up before us since the room was empty when we both stirred awake. I remember waking up before Eva just staring the warrior in my arms. Her flame laced hair smelling of the cherries I have become to cherish. We laid in each other arms for quite some time just enjoying the simple sensation. She then told me she needed me to come get this which I grumbled about doing. 

1:48 (Brody) Hey man, we wanted to know if we could come over and visit Eva. Would that be alright? 

1:51 (Me) I'm not there right now. Call and ask Cara.

I shove my phone back in my pants walking up to the checkout. I get back out to my car to see someone leaning against the door. I sigh recognizing who it is walking back to my car. 

"What do you want man?" I say grabbing my driver side door pulling it open. 

"I fucked up man." He says still staring at the ground. I get irritated hearing this slamming my door shut. He jumps and looks up. 

"You don't think I know that! She fucking saved your ass and you had the nerve to call her a damn MURDERER!" I roar pushing his chest. He looks completely lost. 

"She KILLED 5 MEN! I didn't think-"

"Yea, you didn't think." I rub my hands down my face in frustration. "We don't have a fucking clue what they have been through.. and you had the nerve to judge her, judge them!" 

"Look man, I know what I said was fucked up... Cara" he sighs and locks his hands behind his neck dropping his head forward. "Cara, won't talk to me." 

"Yea well your not exactly on my best side right now." I scoff pulling open my door. I sit down gripping the steering wheel. I take a deep breath and turn towards him. "You want to fix your mistakes with Cara, you first need to fix things with Eva. Brody and Marcus are heading there now if you want to come by." 

He nods his head but doesn't say anything. I do one head nod shutting the door and starting up the car. I watch him walk back to his car. I take another deep breath looking at the bag I just bought from the pharmacy. Would it really that bad if she didn't take them? I shake my head and take off heading back to my girl. 

-Eva's POV

"Eva sweetheart, you need to eat." Maria says sternly. 

I am currently sitting out on the back patio listening to my sisters splash around in the pool. Uncle Drake has been locked up in his study with Lucas all morning. I sigh taking another sip of the tea Maria brought out. I smile gently at her nodding my head. 

I feel her place a bowl in front of me. She tells me its a fruit bowl which I nod at. She walks back into the house while I take bites of the fruit. I close my eyes allowing the sun to warm my face. I love the heat on my face. I hear the door bell ring turning my head slightly. I hear the shuffling of multiple feet. I stiffen for a minute until Maria comes back out. 

"Eva, you have visitors." I stand up and hear the movement in the pool stop suddenly. I turn around reassuring them to continue. I walk into the house and follow the sounds to the lounge. I inhale deeply recognizing the familiar scents. I walk in and allow the intoxicating scent to lead me to Asher. When I am within reach he gentle pulls me into his embrace before having me sit down on his lap. 

"Eva, I'm so glad you are okay." Brody says sounding relieved. I smile back at him. 

"How are you feeling?" Marcus pipes in sitting next to him. I realize then that Parker is fidgeting in his spot. 

"I'm well. Thank you." I drop my head playing with Asher's fingers on my lap. His other hand rubbing small circles on my back relaxing me. 

"I'm sorry for..." I clear my throat not being able to complete my sentence. I hear movement and jump slightly feeling someone grasp my hand. I recognize the scent as Brody. He squeezes my hand. 

"We're grateful for you protecting us. I don't feel any different about my lil bad ass friend." Asher grumbles under his breath something about me being his and not Brody's which earns a soft giggle from me. Brody stands up and pulls me up gently as well collecting me in a hug. I hear Asher huff causing Brody to chuckle. "Chill dude, I know she's yours." 

"Me next!" Marcus jumps up from the couch bringing me into his embrace. I relax noticing they don't feel any different towards me. However one still is not saying anything. I sigh pulling away from Marcus's warmth. 

"Hey guys, can I have a minute with Parker." 

All their heads snap to me. I feel them hesitate for a minute until Brody clears his throat telling them they were going to go look for Cara and Leila. I pointed towards the back door. Asher remains seated making look back at him raising an eyebrow. He sighs heavily standing up. He gives me a linger forehead kiss before stepping past me. He shoulder checks Parker who stumbles from the impact. I roll my eyes but sit back down none the less. After a minute I feel Parker finally sit down still looking downwards playing with his fingers. 

"Tell me what is on your mind." I state simply trying to speak calmly. He takes a deep breath before looking up at me. 

"You killed them."  I nod my head not removing from his gaze. "You didn't flinch doing it." 

"No I didn't." 

"How... How could you do it with no remorse?" He states calmly but laced with curiosity. I take a deep breath. 

"It's not that I don't feel remorse for what I have done. It's that I made a choice that I would protect the ones I care about at no cost." I let my words sink in before I continue. "Cara has told me how she feels for you. I would do it again if it meant protecting not only her but all of you as well." 

"I... I-" He clears his throat dropping his head again. "I said things that I shouldn't have about you." I nod my head in understanding dropping my gaze down to the floor as well. 

"I know." I whisper. He looks back up to me but I don't raise my gaze. "I don't hold it against you for how you feel. It is a lot to process." 

I stand up and he matches me standing up keeping his gazed locked on mine. I finally raise my head to look towards him. "Cara and Leila are my world. I would do anything for them including taking another bullet." 

"Eva, I am sorry." He says taking a step towards me. 

"I forgive you." He drops his head and it is then that I can hear him sniffle making my eyes go wide. He was crying?? I step towards him and pull him into a hug. He crumbles in my arms making me bare more weight than I was expecting. I wince but continue to hold him until all of sudden I hear thundering foot steps making their way towards us. He quickly straightens up standing beside me. I recognize the footsteps in front of me. Asher is standing beside a fuming Cara. She begins stomping towards Parker. I quickly step in front of him making Cara stop in her tracks. 

"Cara, listen to me." Her gaze finally snaps to me and she relaxes slightly. I still feel the tension but continue. "He has apologized and I have forgiven him... He was in a state of shock." 

"That doesn't excuse it." She seethes out returning her glare to Parker who I can feel has sagged his shoulders. 

"No, no it doesn't... but he cared enough to come back." I say feeling her eyes relax more. I step to her embracing her in a hug. I whisper to her "Talk to him..." She nods her head against my shoulder. I kiss the side of her head stepping to Asher. Asher quickly wraps his arm around my waist. We step out of the room where I can hear them talking. 

"Asher, I'm tired." I say wearily. 

"Come on warrior... Brody and Marcus are with Leila. I think Parker and Cara will be a little while. I'll lay down with you." I gently smile and kiss his jaw. He grips my waist slightly tighter and takes a deep breath. "That's not fair." 

I giggle and lean more against him. He takes the opportunity to pick me up jogging us to my room. Our chuckles echoing in the hallways.