Chapter 55: Come out, Come out

-Eva's POV

"Они здесь"

I feel Leila become tense and can gather everyone else's reactions. The boys looking between us all confused but I don't have time. I am quick to grab Leila leading her to the passage within the fireplace. I push her in as I kiss her hand. Cara next in who tries to say something but my mind is to focused on gathering what can only be a minute before they storm through the home. Drake ushers her in followed by Maria. 

"What is-" Brody says but I yank Marcus through. 

"Not now boy, go." Drake says sternly while pulling him in followed by Parker. Asher?? I turn around as he cups my cheeks kissing me hard. I cut it short and I know he is about to protest but thankfully my uncle yanks the collar of his sweatshirt before he can get a word out. "прочность"

"прочность" 

I am quick to close the hatch hearing the click locking it securely. I don't waste time allowing my memory to serve me on the way to where I need to head. I am quick to reach under a coffee table gather a dagger hidden for an emergency. I sprint off out the living room as the door blast open. I know they couldn't see me yet so I take the opportunity to rush down stairs to wear I have my best chance at. 

I make it down stairs and begin scaling the wall to a the raptors in the ceiling. I reach for a bow I have hidden there as well as some other useful tools. I feel for the familiar rope and make sure I am in place as I hear thundering footsteps throughout the house. No one has come down stairs yet so I sit in wait. All my focus knowing this is going to end whether with my death or theirs. My loved ones are safe and that is all that matters. 

-Asher's POV

"Они здесь"

Just like that, all chaos seems to break lose. In one quick motion Leila and Eva race towards the fireplace. Leila presses a particular spot that opens a trap door. Eva gives her a quick kiss to her hand as Maria shoves all us boys towards them. Cara then tells Eva she loves her but Eva's attention seems to be on something I can't hear or see. I look over my shoulder and when I turn back I see the boys have disappeared. Eva's bright blue eyes large as I quickly cup her face kissing her hard realizing what must be happening. I lean back to tell her I am not leaving her but don't get the chance as Drake grabs my collar throwing me in the passageway. Before I am able to gather my footing I see Eva click something on the wall. I hit the wall hard as I turn to yell at Drake who is already moving forward. I curse under my breath realizing I am not getting out of here. 

"SHE CAN'T DO THIS ALONE!" I bellow out making him quickly turn around giving me lethal eyes before taking steps back to me. Everyone looking between the two of us a few steps ahead of us. I hold my ground not caring how disrespectful I am being. 

"She. is. NOT. alone." He grits out glaring at me hard. "Eva's primary focus is their safety!" He says pointing up to Cara and Leila. "Once she goes into her red mode, she kills everyone. She can not decipher the difference til it is too late... So don't stand here and judge when you don't have a clue boy." 

He doesn't wait for my reply before briskly turning around walking to another passage that heads down. I grind my teeth to not rebuttal since I know deep down he is right. I don't know and I don't think Drake would have left her if he didn't have a plan. I run my hands down my face as I follow behind. I then realize where this leads out. We are in the basement adjacent to the room for the gun range. I think back to the one time I was in the gun range and don't remember a room beside it. 

"Where are we?" Marcus ask trying to look around. Drake pushes through going to the front pushing a button making a door appear. He puts his hand on a fingerprint signature that unlocks the door. We all follow in as he walks up to a seat sitting down as 6 monitors turn on. I look and realize that they are video cameras through out the house. Each screen having four different views showing. We all look upon the monitors as Maria takes a seat beside Drake working on the keyboard. We hear a click and turn around seeing a steel door that almost looking like a safe door where we just came in at. 

I take a moment to look around and see all the guys still looking at the monitors as I see Cara holding Leila to her frame staring to the side. I then look where she is and see a one way mirror to the gym. I walk closer and feel my breathing stop. I look closely seeing my Eva lowered to one of the beams in the ceiling. Her hair thrown in a pony tail. She has a bow in hand with all focus on the entrance to the gym. My beats erratically looking at her. She couldn't look more like a deadly weapon if she tried but I still wanted to be with her. 

"Jesus." Brody says. 

My head snaps back to the monitors as I see what they are all looking at. I watch as many men are sweeping through each room with guns in hand. From what I can see there has to be around 25 men. I clutch my fist tightly becoming furious. I should be out there! Not stuck in this damn room!!! 

"Lucien" Cara whispers breathlessly looking at the camera to the entrance of the house as a man strolls through the house grinning wickedly as if he has already won. His eyes scanning the entrance before he speaks loudly making my blood boil. 

"Come out, come out my red queen! Your death awaits sweetheart!"