Chapter 48: Unwanted Visitor

-Eva's POV

"Are you sure Eva?"

I huff and lean over trying to catch my breath. My hands propped on my knees feeling the sweat running down my back and forehead. The pain in my stomach is excruciating however I bare it... Just like all other times. I nod my head once and stand back up. I listen intently and feel the shift in the air ducking again. 

"EVA!"

I turn the head to the voice of my little sister. Lucas takes the advantage and puts my head in head lock. I realized I let my guard down but I was more worried with the concerned voice of Leila. Lucas releases me stepping back. I slowly walk to the edge of the boxing ring trying to not wince. 

"Sis, Cara is looking for you. If she finds you down here-"

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?"

I wince at the shrieking voice coming from the entrance of the gym. I climb out of the ring to sit down on the bench grabbing a towel. I hear the thumping footsteps of Cara and Leila's light quick paced steps reaching me. Leila sits beside me and Cara leans in front of me. 

"Eva, it has only been 5 days. You promised me if I went to school, you would rest." I chuckle while Cara looks at me concerned before slowly pulling up my shirt to look under at her stitch work. She sighs before slowly pulling it back down. "Does it hurt?"

"No." Lies...

"How long has she been down here?" Cara directs her question to Leila. 

"Oh did you hear that? Maria is calling me. Got-to-go." Leila says speed walking out of the gym making me laugh at her. 

"So that long?" Cara says slowly standing back up. "Look Eva, I know you won't listen to me or Leila but you've ripped open the stitches. Come on." She says reaching out her hand. I slowly take it standing up. "Lucas, she's done." She hollers at Lucas who goes back to punching the punching bag. 

"I don't really feel it Cara." 

"There was a time when I would believe you but I know your tall tell signs." She grumbles out still holding my hand leading me towards the kitchen. "The boys are wanting to come over tonight for dinner if that's alright." 

I nod my head as I lay back down on the table. Cara gets the medical kit out of the cabinet. I close my eyes feeling the cold wooden surface cooling my back down. I feel Cara lay everything down on the table before she gently lifts my shirt rolling it to show my wound. She slowly begins working on it not talking but concentrating. 

Cara and Parker have worked out there problems however she made it clear he will not make any comments in regards to me otherwise she would be done. Marcus and Brody have taken it upon themselves to make Leila begin acting like a kid which I thought was interesting. They made her go for a pedicure two days ago. She acted as if they were taking her to the dentist. I couldn't help but laugh. I think she honestly enjoys it though. Asher finally went home a few days ago when his parents called stating that if he didn't make it to school- they would be coming home. He has been coming over in the evenings and sometimes staying the night. I love how protective he is. Luckily we have not had any issues yet with the Russians but I believe it is only a matter of time. 

"Done. I need to clean it. I'll be right back." I nod my head laying back as Cara's footsteps walk off.

"What did you do this time?" 

My eyes snap open and I lift myself onto my elbows. I hear his footsteps coming into the kitchen looking down at me intently. I sigh and lay down lifting my shirt to show him. 

"Cara says it ripped open so she was just restitching me." 

"How?" I shrug not wanting to tell my uncle that I have been doing workouts without his permission. He then tilts my head side to side. I furrow my eyebrows confused at the action. "You have some bruising and other marks on your neck." 

My hand flies up to my neck. I feel around but don't feel any pain making me more confused. 

"Eva, you have hickeys on your neck." I feel the blush creep up my neck until he tilts my chin again looking at one particular spot. He reaches out pushing on it making me cringe slightly. "You have been doing workouts." 

"How?" I asked confused. He just chuckles. 

"Those marks can only be caused by a head lock or being choked. Now I highly doubt you would let someone willingly choke you." I turn crimson red knowing what he was implying before shaking my head. "Then that leaves head locks from Lucas." 

I hear Cara's footsteps approaching. My uncle steps back as Cara takes the alcohol soaking it over the stitches. I tense feeling the familiar burning sensation. 

"Oh Dear." All of our attention turns around as Maria sets down her bag on the kitchen counter top. "What did she do this time?" All three of us giggle as she begins rummaging around the kitchen. Cara lets her know that the boys will be coming over as well. 

Knock Knock

"Ladies, we will need to speak soon about our family situation now that Eva is back up and moving." 

I nod my head as I hear Maria's footsteps shuffle towards the door. My uncle takes his leave as I get down off the table. Cara is quick to clean the mess. I begin hearing the shuffling of multiple feet. I pull down my shirt covering my stitches. I inhale deeply and feel alarmed when I recognize two scents. The familiar scent coming closely before I am wrapped in his arms with him kissing my forehead. The other still standing at the entrance to the kitchen making me stiff. 

"Cara, go upstairs to Leila please." 

"Eva..."

"Cara, now..." I say a little more sternly. She hesitates but then I hear her feet shuffling to leave. I leave Asher's comforting embrace walking around the island standing against the granite counter. Asher follows me standing beside me. My gaze not leaving the unwanted visitor whose eyes are locked on me. 

"Eva, why are you-" Asher begins to question my workout clothes. I silence him by tapping his arm. He understands and doesn't question me further. 

"What are you doing here Michael?"