Chapter 32: Be Mine Eva

-Asher's POV

How the hell can he stand there and stare at her as if I wasn't here? I could kill him for staring at her! I take a deep breath but look towards my interlocked hand with Eva. She is rubbing my hand with her thumb in a comforting manner. I look up when I hear her seat shifting in front of me. With our hand still interlocked she rounds the table. I keep my gaze locked on her while she sits down on my lap. I keep study her while she leans her face towards mine causing me to be momentarily surprised as I feel her deliciously soft lips against mine. She begins to pull back after a moment but I brace the back of her neck with my other hand keeping her connected to me for a moment longer. I let all my frustrations out into the kiss however Eva kisses me back soothing my irritation. I release her slightly to see her eyes closed. I place my forehead against hers forgetting where we are and just enjoying her comfort. I can tell her breathing is heavy making me want to smirk but her next words cause me to loose all air that my lungs had. 

"So I am yours now?" She whispers but I hear her clear as day. 

I open my eyes and see hers are still closed. Shit, did I mean to say that? I don't do girlfriends! I can have anyone I want... However everything I want is sitting on my lap. She has had me wrapped around her finger since day one. She is fighter, she is a mystery, she is down right gorgeous, she is... perfect. 

Eva begins shifting off my lap when I realized I have not responded causing her to get uncomfortable. I swiftly wrap my arms around her and pulling her back to my embrace. She places her hands on my shoulders to steady herself while I gaze into her eyes seeing the disappointment. I pull her to me and kiss her tenderly. I feel her delicate fingers move from my shoulders to the sides of my neck. I pull back and look at the beauty on my lap. 

"Be mine Eva." I see her smile and nod her head softly. I kiss her again before we are interrupted by a waiter bringing us out some glasses of water. I almost grunt at the interruption however the giggles that escape Eva is enough to make me stop. 

She gets back into her seat and this time the waiter does not stare at her. I order for the both of us and the food is delicious. We talk about a little of anything and everything. I learned that this vixen can speak English, Russian, Italian, Spanish, German, French, and Arabic... Who the hell speaks that many languages? She tells me she lived in Russia for a good portion of her life when she was younger. I didn't push to hard on the parents questions sensing how tense she got last time we spoke about them. I tell her more about my families business and about my parents. 

We got to the gardens and we began strolling around. Eva was holding one of my hands while her fingers brushed over the delicate plants. 

"So Asher, do you have any regrets?" She asked with her gaze still on the hand running over the flowers. 

"Yes... I have some. What about you?" 

"Just one." I stop her and turn her towards me. I cup her face with my free hand and feel her lean against my palm. 

"I regret not responding faster when you asked me in the restaurant about you being mine." I can see the smile tug at her lips. I lean in and give her a quick peck. "What do you regret?" 

She sighs and drops her face. I cup her chin and cause her to gaze into my eyes. "I regret not saving my mom." 

I could barely hear it however I heard it. I move us to a nearby bench and sat us down. I grab both of her hands and have her look at me squeezing them gently. 

"My father wasn't a good man, he got in trouble with some people. They stormed our house when he was not there..." She takes a shaky breath before continuing. "My mom hid us in a safe room while they took her life. One attempted to get us however I stabbed him in the eye when he attempted to get my sisters. He almost killed me but I was able to kill him first. I stumbled downstairs to find my mother dead when I slipped on her blood and hit my head on the counter. I stumbled back upstairs and stayed guarded in front of the safe room door so no one could get to my sisters... I lost conscious and when I woke up... I couldn't see." 

"Eva..." I was at a lost for words, she went through all of that. She said she lost her sight 8 years ago which means- Jesus! " How old were you?"

"9" She barely says above a whisper as I feel the tears hit our interlocked hands. I pull her towards me and lock her in my arms giving her a deep hug. She wraps her arms around me tightly. A 9 year old had to fight off a grown ass man and kill him... A 9 year old had to see her mother dead. A 9 year old had to protect her sisters, God... I can't believe it. She protects them because she feels she still has too. I can't imagine what she has went through. I hold her there for god only knows how long trying to ease some of her pain. She has finally let me in, only one question remains... 

"Eva, may I ask you one last question?" I whisper still holding her tightly. She nods her head and pulls back enough to look at me. "Do you know who did it?" 

"Yes." She doesn't say anything further and I don't push it. She has told me more than I ever thought. She is a warrior, to go through that and not give up... I can't stop the feeling of pride for the woman I can now call mine. 

I kiss her again easing her pain assuring her I am there with her... for her. She puts her hand behind my neck pulling me harder against her lips causing me to groan. I run my tongue across her bottom lip asking for entrance that she grants. I plunge in exploring her mouth and shiver when I feel her tongue fight with mine for dominance. She tugs my hair making me pull her tighter against me. God I wish I could rip this outfit off of her. She pulls back for air as my lips trace down her neck causing her to shiver. I begin sucking her neck earning a soft moan from her. I begin feeling my pants tightening. Slow down Asher! I pull back slowly almost not being able to stop. I look at her rapidly rising and falling chest. Her lips are swollen and she has some red marks on her neck showing everyone she is mine. I smirk looking at my marks. I look back into her eyes. 

"You are a warrior Eva, your mother would be proud of you..." I feel her tears begin to resurface but I continue, "I am grateful you told me, and it makes me just that much more proud to call you mine." 

She smiles and I feel her relax her muscles. I peck her once more before pulling her into a hug. 

"Thank you Asher." She whispers while I continue to hold her tight to me. She is officially mine