Chapter 37: Taking what's mine

- Asher's POV

"Asher, did you know Eva was coming to this?" I snap my head up at Parker. 

I begin scanning the vast room for my beauty. I had a terrible week. Eva was trying to be supportive but I could tell that she felt as uncomfortable about this night as me. We didn't really speak about the plans this weekend other than the fact that I had a date tonight. She did not want to know any details and if I'm honest I felt horrible talking about it. I wanted nothing more than to tell my dad to shove this date up his ass so I could spend the night with my girl. My girl. Still sounds right. I give a small smile looking down thinking about my red head who I can call mine. I don't think I have ever been entranced by any woman as much as Eva. 

"Asher, baby what are you thinking about?"

And just like... my smile vanishes. I had a very unwanted surprise tonight to find out who I was supposed to be accompanying to this event. My father invited his partner and niece to our home. To say I was fuming was an understatement. She showed up wearing a very tight red dress with too much showing. I mean serious, have a little self respect! I cringed just hearing her voice. 

"My girlfriend Danielle." 

I grit through my teeth refusing to give her anymore attention than necessary. She just hugs my arm closer to her chest causing me to flinch at her touch. It feels so foreign now but any other touch from Eva's felt unwanted. The electric feeling I get from Eva is so addictive. I begin scanning the room again not thinking about the annoying girl clinging to me. 

Parker taps my shoulder and nods towards the dance floor. My eyes follow his line of sight until I see her. My heart began speeding up just from the near sight of her. She was wearing a long navy blue dress that fitted to her form. Her beautiful fire hair was straight reaching mid back. I felt my jaw beginning to tighten seeing her dance partner. Lucas. Fan- fucking-tastic! I knew he had a thing for her. I watch as they graciously dance around and see her giggling while he twirls her around. Although I love that sound, the fact that I am not the cause of it makes my blood boil. I hold the champagne fluke tighter trying to refrain from making a scene. 

"Aww baby, looks like she has another man." Danielle coos from beside me. I remove her arm from mine quickly and turn towards her. I glare at her while she wears an amused smirk on her face. I can tell she is enjoying this. I turn back to Eva as the song ends and I see Lucas dip her while they both giggle. I then realize that the couples on the dance floor have been watching them with adoration thinking they were a couple. I set down my glass of champagne nearby and pick up my pace. I feel Danielle stepping quickly behind me. I don't even think about it as I walk to my girl. 

"Eva" 

She stops walking away and slowly turns towards me and I can see a smile play on her lips for a second before she stiffens. Lucas stands beside her looking between her and myself. I scrunch my brows in confusion on why she visibly tensed until she speaks. 

"Asher, Danielle."

Shit. 

I walk up to her standing right in front of her. Danielle still doesn't get the hint and stands beside me trying to rest her hand on my shoulder which I quickly remove. I can see Eva's tense muscles and I know she must not like this. 

"Eva, may I have a word in private." She looks over at Lucas who gives me a small glare but still steps away. Danielle yet again just stands there causing me to loose my patience. "Danielle, Leave." 

She scoffs and walks away. I quickly gather Eva's hands in my mine and can see her shiver making me smirk. Her body is so responsive to my touch. I know, because mine reacts the same way to her touch.