Chapter 39: He knows... Everything

- Asher's POV

"The Russian Mafia" 

My body freezes and I feel like I can't breathe. The Russian Mafia? The Russian Mafia is after a 17 year old girl? I can't move a muscle and my mind races trying to process what she just said. Eva pulls her head up off my shoulder and looks at me. I can see the panic in her eyes but can't seem to make my body move. It all makes sense. The constant training, the overly protectiveness of her sisters, the way she carries herself. I once again feel her shift trying to release herself from my lap. I finally find my ability to move and tightly rewind my arms around her. I feel her try to wiggle out of my grasp however I just pull her tighter to my chest. She finally gives up and slouches in my embrace. 

"Eva, what happened at the party?" I whisper in her ear. Her body tenses and I rub my hand gently on her side. 

"I received a warning that they found me." She says through a shaky breath. 

"From who?" I try to keep my voice leveled. 

"Michael, he is student from one of our classes." 

"Do you believe him?" I ask pulling her impossibly closer resting my chin on her head. She takes a deep breath and nods. 

"He wasn't lying but I didn't get enough information." 

"What do you need from me?" She turns her head and looks up at me giving a small smile. I feel her press a lingering kiss to my jaw making me close my eyes. 

"Your already doing it." She whispers. I continue to keep my eyes close and just enjoy having her in my arms. I have so many questions racing through my mind but I don't know if I should ask. She places her head back on my chest and places her hand over my heart under my jacket. "Have I scared you away?"

"I will admit I am terrified..." She stiffens. "I am terrified of someone hurting you Eva, and your sisters. Your past doesn't scare me but I don't want anything to happen to you. You matter so much more than you know." I whisper the last sentence kissing the side of her head. 

"I don't want you to get hurt Asher..." She softly says into my neck before kissing it gently. 

I run my hand up her arm to the back of her neck bracing it before pulling her lips to connect to mine. She sighs as she places her hand on the side of my neck. I feel like my skin is getting sparked everywhere and I love it. She begins running her hands through my hair, her nails gently scrapping my scalp making me groan and tighten my hand on her waist. She gasp and I plunge my tongue into her mouth.  We come to a stop making us both pull back panting. Lucas gets out and comes opening Eva's door. I take her hand and gently pull her up. Once we get out Lucas stares at me but doesn't say anything. I nod at him as I lead her in their home. I noticed that music was coming from upstairs. 

"They must be upstairs." She chuckles and shakes her head. She takes off her shoes and leads me up stairs to the dance studio still holding my hand. Once we get to the doors, she opens them and I see Leila and Cara dancing around to pop music wearing ridiculous outfits and laughing. They see Eva and run to her embracing her tightly. Eva chuckles but hugs them back equally tight. The girls both tug on her hands and she lets them pull her into their dance. I stand at the door entrance watching them. This is a family... I have never seen something so pure, so much love before. This is what I wished for when I was kid. I smile seeing them dancing in a circle before Leila waves me in. I'm sure my eyes go wide however Cara comes over and tugs my arm making me come into the mix. I continue to dance for a few minutes with them before Eva pulls each of the girls into a hug under each arms. The girls look towards me and I give them a reassuring smile. They can tell something is up but just continue to hold Eva. 

"Girls, I told Asher... everything." They stiffen and train their eyes on me. I stand there not knowing what exactly to do. They both release Eva and take steps towards me with their eyes trained on me. "Be nice." 

"Asher, you betray her and I promise you no one will rescue you from me." Cara says with such conviction that I gulp at her and nod. They both link an arm with mine while I look between them. Cara taps my arm once followed by Leila doing the same. They trust me. They give a small smile before releasing me and walking back over to Eva. They kiss her cheek and rejoin arms walking out of the dance studio. 

"They trust you." She states simply. 

"They trust your judgement." I walk back up to her and place my arms back around her waist. Her hands travel up my arm pulling me down gently into a tight hug. I embrace the hug and hold her tight to my frame. "Why didn't you tell them." 

"I won't worry them until I learn more. I will not let any harm come to them. This isn't the first time they found us... but it will be their last." She states with determination in her voice. The strength she has for her sisters knows no limits. I know she means it which worries me that much more. I can't help my body tensing which she notices and gently kisses my neck making me sigh. "Stay with me." 

I nod my head not even wasting a thought. She interlocks our hands and gently tugs me to her room. I follow behind her enjoying her hand in mine. Once we reach her room, she gently pushes me on the bed while she goes to her closet. 

"Eva, will anyone mind if i'm here?"

She walks back out wearing a tank top and some booty shorts. My eyes going wide and soaking in the view of my girl. She throws her hair up into a pony tail and walks into her bathroom. 

"Eva, I-"

"Asher, they won't mind." She says from the bathroom. I remove my shoes when she walks back out without any make up on. She walks over and stands between my legs. I keep my eyes on her face while her hands are on my shoulder. She gently pushes my jacket off my shoulders and I help her. I stand up and look into her mesmerizing blue eyes that are holding so many emotions. Her hands are resting on my chest while mine are on her hips. 

"Eva, were heading to the theater if you guys want to join." Leila hollers from somewhere in the house. Eva leaves my embrace and walks over to the door.

"We're good, thanks Leila." She closes the door and locks it walking back over to me. "No matter what happens, just remember that I'm yours." 

I give her a confused look and wonder what she meant however my train of thoughts are cut off when I feel her lips on mine. She kisses me with such passion that I stagger my foot to keep us up. I kiss her back with just as much force running one of hands up to her pony tail tugging it out before running my hand through her hair and listening to her sigh. She begins pushing us back to her bed. I sit down on her bed still kissing her while she stands between my legs devouring my lips. 

"Eva, what are-" 

"Shhh.. stop thinking."