Chapter 45: Not a monster, a savior

-Eva's POV

"Please Eva wake, I need you." 

I can hear Asher's voice but can't see anything. As usual, the darkness is swallowing me whole. Pulling me down making me feel the air escape my lungs. I feel as if I am drowning trying to find a way out. 

Asher... 

I begin feeling all around until a sinister laugh crosses my ears making my skin crawl. I stand still feeling the presence get closer. My skin is cold however I refuse to move. 

"Aww, my red queen. I got you now..."

Lucien's voice dances in my ear when I feel his fingertip run down my arm making me cringe. I swiftly take his arm and twist it. All too quickly I feel him vanish still chuckling. I listen intently and he pops up right in front of me. I reach but just grasp air. 

"My red queen... loosing your touch now?"

I stand still closing my eyes and inhaling deeply... waiting for the right opportunity. A few minutes go by and nothing happens. All of sudden I feel a presence on my back. His arm reaches around locking my neck in his brace. I struggle but to no avail. He leans down so his lips are against my ear. 

"You will always be mine, I will get you. Not your family, not your sisters and not your new toy will stop me."

I struggle harder against him. His laugh still ringing in my ears. 

Asher 

Asher 

ASHER...

I feel myself shoot up inhaling deeply. My senses currently are out of whack. I don't know where I am at. My ears are ringing. I begin twisting my body from one side to the other trying to gather my senses. 

"Eva, it's okay." 

It's faint but I recognize the voice. Leila. I still hear the ringing making me hold my head. 

"Eva, what's wrong?" I turn my body and feel the edge. What am I on? I hold the side of whatever I am sitting on letting my legs dangle over. "Eva, you need to lay back down." 

I can't focus with my head pounding and the buzzing in my ears. I hold my head as I feel someone try to press me backwards. I recognize the touch, Cara, however I don't want to lay down. I push her hands away and stand up almost loosing my balance. My ringing becoming more manageable. I take a step and feel a sharp pain rip through my side. I limp over to a counter.I recognize that I am in the kitchen. I take short deep breaths trying to find my strength. I walk over and stand grasping the counter top. 

You will always be mine, I will get you

I swiftly pull a knife out of the holder on the counter top spinning around trying to find the voice. Lucien's words still in my ears. Is he here?

"Eva, CALM DOWN!" 

My uncle yells making me snap out of the trance. I feel the air shift again and take a deep inhale. The familiar smell calming my nerves. 

"Asher." I didn't know if he could even hear me. My muscles feeling like they were going to give out. I drop the knife and my head. In one swift motion I am embraced into Asher's strong arms. I feel him take his own deep breath in my neck. I follow his lead inhaling his scent strongly letting it sooth me. 

"I'm here Eva, I'm here." 

I smile and relax my body against his. He swiftly picks me up bridal style while I curl into his chest. The pain almost numbed by his touch. I can feel him moving but don't even care to guess where. I am practically asleep when I feel him place me down on a gentle surface. He leans down rubbing my hair out of my face. 

"Baby, rest.." 

I quickly grab his arm and he stills looking at me. 

"Stay." 

"I'm not going anywhere." I close my eyes allowing the darkness to consume me yet again. 

I turn after hearing whispering in front of me. I groan the moment I attempt to twist. I let my hand trace my side feeling a wrap around my midsection. It all comes back to me and I attempt to slowly sit up. 

"Eva, don't! You need to rest." 

I hear my sister's concerned voice. I lay back down sighing while opening my arms. 

"I better have two sisters in my arms in 3-2-"

Before I can even finish I smell the familiar scent of my sister's wafting in my nose. Leila curls tightly in me while Cara is laying on the side with my wound so she is being hesitant. I yank her down making her relax into me. I feel them both relax while I hold them tightly. 

"Where did-"

"Leila had a nightmare so he recommended that we come in here. He went down to get a drink. He said he would be back up to sleep on your couch." Cara says while a smile plays on my lips. 

"Is everyone okay?" Leila nods her head and I feel Cara become slightly tense. "Cara, what's wrong?"

"Nothing." She says chirpy but I can feel the tension in her muscles. I will give her time to tell me before I push it. 

"Asher has not left your side all night." Leila says in a low voice. 

"I will not leave until she send me away." All of our heads snap to the door where he is standing. I hear his footsteps come further into the room until he is standing beside the bed. What is he- I am cut off my thought process when I feel his lips on my forehead. I close my eyes and smile enjoying his touch. He steps away and I hear the movement towards the couch. 

I relax with my sisters still in my arms. Leila's arm wrapped around me tightly while Cara's head is resting on my shoulder. Leila's breath evens out but I can tell Cara is still awake. I move my shoulder slightly and she tilts her head to look at me. 

"Cara, what is wrong? Don't lie again." She huffs before answering. 

"Parker said some things that... that weren't accurate." She hesitates and I realize what he thinks without her having to say anything further. I take a deep breath and feel her continuing to look at me for my reaction. I had a feeling the guys would view me differently. Did NOT expect it to be the guy that I saved but it is what it is. 

"Everyone has their own views and opinions Cara. I don't regret what I did to protect you two and the boys. I would take a bullet again to protect you. It wasn't something you haven't seen before, you remember how you reacted seeing me do it when I was younger?" I feel her slightly nod her head telling me she remembers my first kills after that night. "You can't condemn him for his thought process. Let him work through what he saw okay." 

"Okay." She says faintly. I feel her begin playing with my fingers. "It's not right," she grumbles. 

"As long as you and Leila don't view me as a monster, the rest of the world could go to hell." 

She chuckles and I know she has relaxed. She kisses my cheek before I feel her leave my side. I listen to her footsteps and she walks over to the couch. There is some shuffling and then Asher's scent comes near me. I feel him dip the bed as he gets in beside me. I realized Cara took the couch so Asher could lay with me. He dips his head in my neck giving it a gentle kiss. I sigh to hold back the moan. All I want is his touch but with Leila here, I refrain. He interlaces our fingers and holds my hand. I lean my head towards his shoulder while he lays on his back. 

"Your not a monster Eva, your my savior." 

I smile and kiss his shoulder but don't say anything. 

His savior..