Chapter 52: Your touch

-Eva's POV

I groan feeling the a massive headache pounding. I put my hands to my forehead trying to ease any kind of pain. I begin to stretch before I feel a strong weight laying across my stomach. I pull my hands away from my face to the familiar arm. I close my eyes and absentmindedly run my fingertips over his arm feeling goosebumps arise from my touch. I smile softly loving the affect I have on him. I sigh and my mind races back to everything I have learned in the last 24 hours. My stomach clenching tightly as a range of emotions rush through me. 

I begin to let my mind wander. I think about my past. I think about my parents, my sisters, my uncle... Asher. I replay the last images I will ever have with my eyes. Memories flood in of Alexander and the times we had. I remember how I always had a gut feeling about him. I think about Lucien and Chris Gantler. It needs to come to an end. Enough is enough. 

"Eva, what are you thinking about?" My eyes snap open looking over to the groggily voice of the man who soothes me. I instantly take my hand tracing it up his arm to his neck to cup his cheek. His touch on my stomach shifting under my shirt touching my bare skin setting me on fire. I smile realizing that unlike Alexander... I don't have any doubts about Asher. 

"Your touch.." I whisper leaning my head towards him. He brushes his lips gently against mine. It is a comforting kiss showing his tenderness. He pulls back looking at me. I feel him smirk under my fingertips. 

"My touch? Care to elaborate?" He ask chuckling slightly. I take my hand away from his cheek and place my hand on top of his that is placed on my stomach. 

"How your touch is soothing, and yet sets me a blaze. I feel comfort but also desire everytime our skin connects. I feel both safe and wild under your touch." I state without thought or hesitation. His body going tense and I hear him take a deep exhale. 

"Shit Eva..." He grips my stomach trying to focus. "That's not fair." 

I shrug innocently while smiling. His hand wrapping around my waist pulling me more to his embrace. I allow my fingers to trace up his arm to his neck feeling his pulse quicken. My fingertips tenderly tracing his jaw line before going into his soft delicate locks. 

"I love your hair, it's so soft." I say still allowing my hand to wander. 

"I love your hair too." His arm leaving my stomach to allow his fingers to brush my hair. "And damn those eyes." I blush under his gaze and I can feel his smile. "That beautiful blush that is reserved for me." 

"Now who's not fair?" I whisper leaning into his palm on my cheek. 

"Eva, I care a great deal for you but I feel we need to talk about yesterday?"My body taking a deep inhale before exhaling slowly. "Let's start with my first question... Were you working out while I was gone?"

I smile sheepishly before taking the time to sit up resting my back against the head board. I feel Asher rotate laying his head on my stomach. I allow my hands to go back in his head massaging his scalp. He sighs under my touch. 

"Eva, you should wait til you are healed to be doing your training." 

"I don't have an option anymore... You and I both know it." I say looking out to the where the window is still toying with his hair. 

"Are you upset that I brought Michael here?" He ask while turning his head towards mine. I shake my head negatively. 

"I needed to know everything he said. I do not trust him yet-"

"Nor do I." 

"I am glad that I know more now than I did yesterday... even if it was hard." I feel Asher become tense knowing what I am speaking of. "You can ask me Asher." 

"Alexander." I nod my head understanding he wanted to know about him. "Was he your boyfriend?"

"No, he wanted to be but it never felt.." I stop to think of the right word. "right." His turns his body so his face is hugging my stomach tightly. "He was something I never expected. Made me step out of my comfort zone but it always felt like something was off. I don't know how to explain it but my body just knew."

"Leila told me." Asher whispers loosening his grip to look up at me. 

"He handed over one of the only things I have ever cared about like it was a toy. I have never felt more disgusted in my life." I shiver in disgust remembering it. "Once I gave myself up, he tried to confront me. He begged for my forgiveness and promised he would get me out. I never said a word to him... I couldn't. He betrayed my sisters and me." 

"I will never betray you Eva." I smile looking down at him. I lean down kissing his forehead. 

"I know." 

"You believe me?" I trace his arm down to his hand interlocking our fingers before I give him a tender kiss. I pull away leaning back against the headboard still playing with his hand. 

"Like I said. I know." I smirk and look back towards the window. 

"Eva, what are you planning on doing?" Asher says gripping my hand tighter. I squeeze it back before answering. 

"Michael said he would be here in a weeks time. My best option is in a playing field I recognize. I need to protect my sisters first and then you and the boys." At this, he sets up abruptly looking directly at my face. I refuse to give him my gaze feeling the anger rolling off of him. 

"You are NOT going after him alone." He says barely controlling his anger. 

"I am responsible for them, for you all-"

"That's ridiculous EVA! You can't do it all!" He roars finally not being able to control himself. He stands up from the bed and begins pacing back and forth. 

"Asher, I have been training for many years. This has to end." I say calmly but sternly. 

"Eva they will KILL YOU!" His hand running through his hair in frustration. I stand up trying to not think about the migraine pounding in my head. I walk to him holding his hands making him stop. 

"Asher, I love you." 

He abruptly stops his body going rigid. I feel as if he has stopped breathing. He grips my hands firmly in his. 

"Fuck Eva, I was supposed to say it first." I chuckle at him. 

"You need to trust me. I can do this." I say with determination. 

"I love you more than fucking words can describe... I am complete obsessed with you." I smile and stand on my tip toes connecting our lips. 

"Trust me." 

"You just want me to sit back and hide while you fight off the fucking mafia?!" He ask incredulously. "There is no way I can do that."

I kiss him again silencing this conversation. Even if it is just for now. I know how certain I am that I need to protect them all. I have always felt the need to protect. It is in my nature... If I have to, I will lock Asher up for his own good. Let's just hope it doesn't come to that.