Chapter 24: Such a Mystery

-Asher's POV

We make our way to the game room and Marcus is just smiling pulling Brody towards the pool table. Cara is giggling and following behind them. She takes Parker and starts playing air hockey while I walk around the room looking at everything on the walls. 

"Asher, you want to play?" Brody says hollering over his shoulder. I shake my head and take a seat on one of the chairs nearby watching them. About 10 minutes later Eva comes in. She put on a pair of jean shorts and a plain white tee shirt with a strap cardigan over it. She looked so beautiful and she wasn't even trying. 

Cara ran up to her and whispered something in her ear which Eva just nodded in response

Cara ran up to her and whispered something in her ear which Eva just nodded in response. Cara walked back over to Parker and began playing again while Eva walked over and sat in the chair next to mine. 

The moment she sat down I began looking intently at her. She turned and faced me. "Your staring again Asher."

I shook my head and gently grabbed her hand pulling her arm towards me. I lifted up her sleeve and saw her arm was wrapped up. I rubbed my thumb over the top of her hand while still staring at the bandage on her arm. "What happened Eva?" I said barely audible but she heard me regardless. She reached out and put her other hand on top of my knee.

"Asher, I'm okay. I was just doing a work out. I didn't even know that happened until Cara saw it." She smiled at me. 

"You don't get that from workouts." She sighs and leans her forehead against mine. I close my eyes and put my hand behind her neck. "Your not going to tell me are you?"

She pulls back and looks at me. "I already did." 

I pull her neck towards me and kissed her. Her lips molded against mine and create sparks against my lips. I gripped her neck more firmly not wanting to let her go. She then let her hands slide up my arms to lock in around my neck pulling tighter on me. God her lips were perfect! 

"Get a room." Brody says sighing. Eva jumps back and I turn to glare at my so called friend. He just grins looking at me. I turn back to Eva to see her cheeks turning slightly pink. 

"So what would you like to do Eva?" I say rubbing the back of my neck trying to get rid of the awkward tension. 

"How bout a game?" Marcus says while taking a shot on the pool table. He leans back up and looks over at us. "Two truths and a lie."

I was about to speak up about how I was talking to Eva but Cara interrupts me by laughing. "What's so funny Cara?" Brody ask her. 

"You won't win..." She says looking directly at me. I turn to Eva to see her smiling knowingly. "Eva can read your voice." She says gesturing her hand towards her sister. 

"There's no way.." Parker chimes in. Eva abruptly turns her body towards Parker. Cara just shakes her head at him. He looks back at Eva in a challenging way. "Alright, let's see it!"