Chapter 35: Family Issues

-Asher's POV

"What's got you grinning ear to ear?"

I am currently lying on my bed smiling while thinking about last night. My date with Eva was anything but ordinary. She told me about her past, she let me see more of her. She was relaxed and happy making me feel the same. I still remember how she handled herself not only with guitar but in the fight as well. Damn, and now she's mine...

I shrugged my shoulder sitting up looking at my mom standing in the doorway. Her eyes light up seeing me genuinely happy. They are not around often so my mother tries to make up for lost time when she can. I don't blame them as much as I used to but I still remain distant since the moment I feel like I am making progress, they leave. She walks in and sits down on the bed beside me. 

"Does this have to do with a certain blue eye beauty. I huff and try to not smile which makes my mom clap her hands like a seal and gleam. "I KNEW IT!"

"It was a great date..." I trail off while rubbing the back of my neck. My mother squeals yet again. I smile at her and shake my head. 

"Oh honey, she is beautiful! She is an excellent young lady." I internally roll my eyes. If only she knew...

"I wanted to invite her to the ball this coming weekend." 

"That's not possible." 

I snap my head up towards the door to see my dad standing there with crossed arms. He has his hard face on making me raise an eyebrow at him. My mom also looks confused towards him before she stands up and walks over to him. He immediately wraps his arm around her waist. I stand up still giving him a confused look. 

"You will be taking Mr. Gantler's niece to the ball." 

"I'm sorry but who?" 

"He is one of our partners and since I did not know that you were planning on bringing someone- I already offered you to escort a young lady for the night." 

I clutch my fist by my sides to stop from saying something too rude. I take a deep breath before commenting. 

"Surely since I am no longer available, other arrangements can be made." 

"No son, after this if you are still with Ms. Willows, then I will not offer to my colleagues however you will not drop this young lady so soon to the event." 

"Dad, I-"

"No, that is final." I look at my dad and then my mom who looks sad. He turns them around and leaves my room. I slam my door shut and throw the ball I recently was toss around roughly against the wall. I run my hands through my hair getting more frustrated. I wanted to show off my girl. I grab my keys and decide to head over there to talk with her. I ignore my father telling me to come back in. I take off not glancing back at my parents focusing on the one thing that I know will calm me. 

-Eva's POV

Punch Punch Kick, Punch punch kick

"Miss, you have a visitor." I nod my head at Maria letting her know that I heard her. I hear her footsteps retreat. I grab a towel and run it over my face before taking a swig of some water. I hear new footsteps approaching and a familiar scent envelope my nostrils. 

"Hello Asher, miss me already?" I smirk tilting my head. He didn't answer but step up to me cup my face in his hands bringing my lips to his in a punishable kiss. I sigh and wrap my sweating arms around him. His muscular arms wrap tightly around my waist and lift me up without breaking the kiss. I release my lips and press my forehead to his. "Your going to be covered in sweat." 

"I don't care.." He whispers back. I feel his body is tense. I stroke the back of his head while running my fingers through it. It helps, I can feel him slightly relax. I pull him to sit down in one of the chairs nearby. He tugs on my hand and I sit down on his lap. His arms easily envelope me as he sticks his head in my neck inhaling deeply. I once again rub the back of his neck as I kiss his crown. "And yes." 

He pulls back slightly looking at me. I give him a confused look causing him to chuckle. "You asked if I missed you."

I blush but smile none the less. "Are you okay?"

He tenses slightly before burying his face in my neck again. "My parents are pissing me off." 

I nod my head but don't comment not knowing the situation. He gives me a feather light kiss on my neck. I bite my lip to suppress the moan. I then feel like someone is watching me causing me to become stiff. Asher notices and lifts his head looking at me confused. I close my eyes and inhale deeply. 

"Leila, it is not nice to eavesdrop." 

I hear the stomping of feet causing me to laugh. She walks up to us while glaring at me. 

"I WILL get you eventually." She points her finger at me then her gaze goes to Asher. "Weren't you just here last night." 

I glare at her for her bluntness which she just shrugs in response. I feel Asher chuckle. "It's nice to see you again as well Leila." 

"So I hear my sister agreed to be yours?" I smile and look downwards. Asher brushes his finger through hair removing from my face. 

"Yes, she did." 

"Remember our conversation Asher." She points her finger at him before walking back towards the entrance. I raise a questionable brow making Asher run his hand up and down my arm. 

"What is she talking about?"

"She told me not to hurt you or she would do unimaginable things to me." I smirk and look in the direction my sister left. That's my girl!

"Eva, I need to let you know that is this coming weekend... I uhm.. kinda have a date." I involuntarily stiffen and he notices. He has a date? Does he not want people to know? Is he already dumping me? "It is neither of those, my father set it up with a niece of one of his partners. He will not allow me to drop this lady so close to the event." 

 "Shit, did I say that out loud?"

"Yes but I want you to know that I wanted to go with you." I nod my head absentmindedly. 

"It's fine Asher, you have to do what is best for you and your family. I understand."  

He hugs me tightly to him and I inhale deeply enjoying his scent. He smirks knowing what he is doing to me. I roll my eyes while smiling. He chuckles at me which is a beautiful sound. I pull his arms away and stand up. He stands up behind me. 

"So boxing?"