Chapter 22: Bet?

-Eva's POV

The rest of the night went by mostly uneventful. Asher was constantly beside me and Parker seem to be attached to Cara. We walked around on the beach and ended up not really going back to the party. Brody threw me over his shoulder at one point and threatened to throw me in the water until I punched him in his back causing him to fall to his knees and drop me in the process. Asher got mad at him until he realized the pain Brody was in then he started laughing at him. Brody promised me he would not try doing that again. Once we got home Asher finally asked for my number which I thought was cute.

Today is our last day before we go back to school. After discussing it with my uncle. Leila is going to be home schooled. I didn't trust the teachers that I talked to but he found an at-home teacher who will come and teach Leila her lessons. So only Cara and I start tomorrow which gave her one more day to drag me around.

"Leila are you sure you don't want to come with us?" Cara says while dragging me down the stairs.

"Oh I'm sure!!" She says sounding extremely amused. I turn towards her voice and stick my tongue out. Traitor!

"Alright, we will be back in a bit!" Cara yells while pulling me outside. Those training sessions are looking better and better! I groan while going towards the car. Lucas opens the door for us. I thank him while sliding in.

"So where to first sis?" I say turning towards her.

"To the mall!" She says clapping her hands. I huff but force a smile. "Don't give me that look."

I giggle and shake my head. "Just remember, I do this and you will be helping me train this week."

"Yea yea, I know" Cara says waving her hand dismissively.

We get to the mall and Cara starts dragging me store to store. After a few hours and multiple bags later, she's decided she has bought enough. We go back to the car where Cara tells me she is hungry.

"Lucas, where do you recommend for lunch?" I say leaning towards his seat.

"There is great retro diner close by. Makes the best burgers around!" He says exaggerating.

"Alright Lucas, lets make a bet!" I say tapping his shoulder. "If this is not the best burger, then I get to choose our training styles."

"And if it is?" He says turning his head slightly towards me.

"What would you like in return?" I say leaning back in my seat where Cara is playing on her phone.

"For you to accompany me to the next Willow Corp fundraiser." Cara turns towards me abruptly. Why would he want me to join him? I shrug and say deal! He reaches over his shoulder and shakes my hand.

"Eva, what are you doing?" Cara whispers at me.

"It's not like he ask me on a date." I shrug looking at the window. Did he?

Ding Dong

The door dings as we walk in and find a booth. I slide into the leather booth with Cara following me. Lucas sits across from us.

Cara looks over the menu as a waitress walks up to us. "Hey guys my name is Molly, and I'll be taken care of you. What can I get you to drink?"

"I'll have a sprite," Cara says.

"Coke please." I say.

"Make that two!" Lucas says. I feel her walk away. "Do you see anything you like Cara?" He says leaning forward.

"I'll try whatever you guys are getting." She says linking her arm with mine. Molly walks back over and drops our drinks. Lucas orders something for all of us and 10 minutes later, she brings out a delicious smelling burger. I inhale deeply and suppress the moan that wants to come out. God that smells good!

"I'll right, ladies first!" Lucas says gesturing towards our plates. I take the monster burger in my hands and take a bite. I sigh enjoying the taste dancing on my tongue. That is incredible! I set it back down and take the napkin to my mouth. "Well?" Lucas ask.

"You win this one Lucas." I hear him chuckle slightly before he digs in on his own burger. We continue eating and by the time were done, i'm stuffed. I lean back in my chair and groan. Lucas laughs putting the money on the table.

"Come on girls, I got to get you back home." Lucas says while helping Cara and I out of the booth. He follows us out heading towards the car.

"Hey Eva!" Someone yells from around us. I turn my head towards the voice. Cara taps my arm once while Lucas comes up behind me. "What are you doing here?"

"Hey Marcus, we were eating out for lunch." I smile at him. He pulls me in for a hug.

"I was wondering if you girls wanted to hang out?" He says releasing me and hugging Cara.

"Yea, were heading home. Do you want to come with us?" Cara ask.

"No, I have Brody with me but we can come over in... bout an hour. Would that be okay?" We both nod are heads.

"Ladies we need to get going." Lucas says leaning towards us.

"Will see you soon!" I say as I wave continuing our walk to the car. We get in and Lucas drives us home.

Once we get back home, Lucas ask if I want to spar for awhile. I told him I need to change but I would meet him downstairs. I get into a tank top and some shorts. I run down stairs to hear Lucas turning on some music. I head towards him and begin stretching.

"Alright Eva, what do you want to do?" He says walking out of the ring.

"You won the last bet, let see how good your luck is." I say tapping my chin walking in a circle.

"What is the wage this time?" Lucas says grabbing two daggers from the wall.

"I win, you have to let me drive your car." I say smirking at him.

"Alright, but if I win you have to cook me a home cook meal." I bust out laughing.

"Seriously, your asking a blind girl to cook for you?" I say tilting my head. He begins to laugh getting into the ring.

"Fair point, Cara can help..." He hands me the dagger. "Deal?"

I nod my head. "Deal!"

"Your move princess!" He says beginning to circle me. I lung towards him and he dodges my attack. He steps behind me and is about to put me in a head lock but I do the splits and fall to the mat. I twist my leg forward kicking his leg out from beneath him. Landing him on the mat. He groans out as I get on top of him sticking the knife to his neck. "Not bad princess.." I push the knife up more applying slight pressure to his neck.

"I am no princess." I stand back up and allow him to get back up. He gets back up and this time he lunges for me and I sideswipe his blade. I bring my elbow down on his arm causing him to drop his blade. I twist my body and once again place my dagger at his face. "Strike two." I smirk.

He then steps back and starts swing his dagger making me double back. I turn around swing my leg towards his hand causing him to loose his dagger yet again. He tries to lunge for the dagger but I slide towards where the blade landed kicking out of the ring. He attempts to catch it but is unsuccessful. "Your out." I laugh but stop abruptly when he brings another dagger out from behind his back and places it to my neck. "Not fair." I say breathing heavy.

"People don't play fair princess, anticipate anything" he whispers in my ear.

"Take your own advice" I say smirking. He looks down seeing my daggers position at his gut. He pulls his knife back from my neck and steps back slowly while chuckling slightly.

Clap.. Clap.. Clap

Both our heads snap towards the entrance hearing someone clap there hands slowly.

"I see you have learned well." I sigh in relief and smile.

"Thank you Uncle."

"Eva, I believe you have some guest waiting upstairs." I nod and hop out of the ring kissing my uncle's cheek.

"I want a rematch Eva!" Lucas yells at me as I walk out of the room.

"You'll still lose Lucas!" I shout over my shoulder.