Chapter 18: Let it go

-Eva's POV

The week continued on with the girls practically attempting to drag me out of the house. I let them take me out one day but past that, we have been enjoying the house that we now get to call home. Cara has been texting Parker a lot and seems to be happy with him. I just hope he doesn't fuck it up. Brody has started to text me asking if I was okay and how everything is going. I gave him simple replies. Tomorrow is the bonfire so he wants to come over today to help my sister and me pick out our outfits.

"Hey sis, Brody will be here in a few to hang out and raid are closets." Cara says popping her head in the dance studio. I pause the music for a minute and catch my breath.

"Alright. I'll be down in a little bit." I say but I don't feel her leave. "Cara, are you okay?"

"Today's the anniversary." She says coming towards me. Her voice lowering in somber. 

"I know." I say shaking my head. Dad.

"Do you think Leila remembers?" She asks while sniffling. I engulf her in a sweaty hug and hold her tight.

"It's been 3 years, i'm sure she hasn't forgotten the day." I say releasing her. I feel her attempt to relax and wipe her face. "He would be proud of you sis." I say trying to make her smile.

"Ha, well I think he would be proud of all of us." She says back even though I can tell she is still crying from the sniffles.

"Is Parker coming too?" I ask trying to change the subject.

"Brody said he would invite him but he wasn't sure if he would be coming." She says walking over to the speaker. "He is inviting Asher too.."

I smile and I know she is staring at me knowingly. I shrug and she just snorts at me. She turns the music onto a Latin song and I hear her begin humming. I begin shaking my hips gently until I feel Cara put her hands on my hips making me sway more seductively.

"Hey, why wasn't I invited?" Leila yells coming into the room. I giggle as I feel her run up to us. We all begin dancing and letting the music just carry us away. I close my eyes and let our sorrows roll off of us in waves. I feel Cara take one of my hands and Leila take the other raising them up. We are all in a circle dancing. They laugh and I join in. I pull them in and hug them tightly. Leila pushes out of our hold and starts dancing again.

"We miss you dad.." I whisper to myself. Cara hears a ding from her phone and goes over to pick it up. She said that Brody messaged her saying he would be here soon. Leila leaves us and says she is going to read for awhile. Cara says she is going to head downstairs and I should come down soon. I nod my head as she walks out. I turn back on the music and turn it up to let myself get lost for a just a little while longer.

-Asher's POV

Ding

I reach over to my phone and look at it to see Brody sent me a message.

Brody: Hey man, i'm heading over to visit Cara and Eva if you want to come with?

Asher: Yea Man, I'll be ready in 15.

I reply back before heading upstairs to change. It's been a week since we were over there and I wanted to talk to her but I didn't know what to say so I decided against it. Brody says he's been talking to her throughout the week and she seems fine. Why do i feel so nervous? She's just another girl. I shake my head but I can't even comprehend why I care what she thinks or why she matters. I throw on some clothes and go back down stairs. Parker walks in and sits down.

"What up man?" He says putting his feet up.

"Nothing man, Brody is heading over here and were going over to Cara and Eva's for a bit." I say sitting down beside him.