Part 20 ✔️

"Why are you asking? Do you like anyone?" Haru asked a proud grin on her face as Kai tried to hide his blushing face. "I asked you first!" He yelled and Haru giggled.

"Alright, I'll tell you who I like if you tell me who you like" Haru replied as butterflies erupted in her stomach.

"Ok! We're out" Yeonjun yelled erupting their moment then the four of them left for school as the other two waved from the door like proud freaking parents.

"Hey, Haru? Will you go to the dance with me?" Beomgyu asked before looking over to see Kai's expression as the three laughed.

"Not funny hyung" Kai whispered to Beomgyu and pouted.

"Then why don't you ask her yourself?" Beomgyu sassed back and Kai sighed.

"Wait! Do you want to ask someone? I can totally help you with that. Tell me, who is it?" Haru replied and slung her arm over Kai which made her tiptoe.

"I'm fine, thank you" Kai replied as he took her hand off his shoulder letting her feet rest on the ground before slinging his arm around her waist.

"This is just more comfortable" He replied as soon as he saw Haru's red face. Beomgyu and Taehyun chuckled as they entered the school building.

Stares and dirty looks were now being thrown towards Haru who just ducked her head. Kai noticed and removed his arm and then smiled at her.

"I don't want to be the reason she gets bullied," Kai thought as he grinned at Haru who looked at him with an innocent expression on her face.

Class went by pretty fast. Haru was looking out her window for most of it. Watching a bunch of kids outside play different sports. One of the boys caught Haru staring at them and smirked widely. Haru immediately looked away disgusted.

After her classes, Haru started walking towards the cafeteria looking for Beomgyu, when she found his class she took a peek inside and saw that his classes were still being held.

Since Taehyun had an English club that day Haru looked around for Kai in the cafe. When she couldn't find him she texted him and he replied calling her to the roof.

"Sorry I'm la-" Haru got cut off when Kai shushed her. Haru stared at the scene that was taking place in front of her. There were two boys wrestling. One of them was Taehyun. A bunch of girls were surrounding them and throwing out cheers and creepy fangirl giggles.

"What the heck?" Haru questioned and Kai sighed. "This nerd guy was jealous because his girlfriend kept calling Tae oppa and flirting with him," Kai replied and Haru looked back at the tiny frail man fighting Taehyun.

"He's lucky that Tae doesn't like violence. Or the kid would be dead" Haru replied and Kai smiled at her.

"Well, I guess it's time to end this now. Enough is enough" Haru muttered and Kai nodded. They both barged in and tried to stop the fight but when the guy didn't listen and slapped Kai, Haru lost it. She kicked him in his shins as she wrestled him down, leaving him in pain as the three of them escaped the scene. The bell rang announcing that they would each be heading to class, which happened to be the same one.

After school Taehyun and Hueningkai stayed back to help the teacher and Beomgyu had to stay back too, since he was in the same grade and just had different classes.

This meant that Haru had to walk back alone, which she wasn't a big fan of. She kept walking until it reached a dark road. Haru gulped but continued walking down the dim lit street. Just then she felt someone grab her wrist. "Who is I-?" A drunk looking man shushed her and wrapped his palm around her mouth and smiled disgustingly.

"Well little girl. you shouldn't be walking by yourself at this time" He whispered.

Her screams were muffled by his hand as he held them above her head and took a better look at her face as he slammed her against a wall. He held her there as she struggled to get away from him.

"Fvcking let go of me!" She cursed and kicked him as hard as he could. He brought his face closer to her and gently smelled her neck.

"Well, aren't you a beauty" He muttered sickly. Haru screamed as she tried to break away again.

"Haru? Was that you?" Haru heard someone scream. "Hueningkai" Haru thought.

The man looked around startled before pulling out a knife from his pocket and holding it threateningly near her neck.

"Even think about screaming and I use the knife" The man whispered and Haru crinkled up her nose.

"Well, it's my best shot at getting outta here. and getting this guy arrested before he does this to someone else" Haru thought before closing her and gulping.

"Yes! It's me! Kai! I'm in the corner!" Haru screamed as loud as she could before she felt something cold and sharp glide over her arms and legs.