NINETEEN

October 1, 20XX - Wednesday

"Jimin?"

Jimin finished pouring himself a cup of tea to look over at Taehyung before shifting his eyes to stare at me.

Uncomfortable, I shivered in my seat.

"Thank you for letting us stay the night." Taehyung bowed his head slightly.

Jimin chuckled as he overlooked the motel room from the table we were sitting at. "It's not much of a place."

"Still, you fed us... so thank you...again."

Jimin smiled and scooted his chair back to stretch out his arms.

I just watched him.

Last night, Taehyung informed me about how Jimin was someone he knew when he was younger. They didn't get along at all, but they were still friends.

Finishing his stretch, Jimin stood up and walked over to turn the TV on, causing Taehyung to tense up.

Before turning the TV on, he smirked, "Don't worry, I already know."

Taehyung's eyes widened along with my own.

"You guys are running from something, right?" He stepped back and sat on the bed, leaning forward to rest his elbows against his legs.

Beside me, Taehyung stayed quiet.

"I could tell by the way you guys were acting. Don't worry, news hasn't spread here."

"There really isn't anything out there?" Taehyung asked softly.

Jimin shook his head, "There's nothing."

Taehyung relaxed with a long sigh.

"What did you do? Drugs like Namjoon? Burglary like Yoongi?" Jimin slightly chuckled as he shook his head. "I never thought that you'd be in this situation."

I looked over at Jimin, curious to what he thought about Taehyung.

"You were always the quieter one of us three. I really thought that you had everything back then. I was jealous of the way your mother was always around you, unlike my own." Jimin swept back his hair.

My eyes snapped up.

Taehyung's mother?

My mind races back to last night's conversation. The one where he not only talked about Jimin but the one where he also briefly mentioned his mother. I wanted to know more about her. 

"Then again, Namjoon's dad was supplying your mother with drugs..." Jimin cocked an eyebrow and shrugged.

Taehyung gritted his teeth and looked down at the table in anger before hastily getting up, his chair screeching against the ground as it slid back.

Jimin turned to look over at Taehyung.

"W-we really should get going. We don't want you to get in trouble for helping us." Taehyung avoided all eye contact with Jimin and took my hand to help me up.

Jimin's eyes got drawn back to me.

"Bonnie and Clyde, huh?" He remarked.

I shook my head slightly, tripping over my feet as Taehyung pushed me slightly.

"Do you guys have a plan?" Jimin asked Taehyung as he quickly packed our bags.

"Plan?" Taehyung stopped for a moment.

"Mhm, like where are you going?"

Where were we going?

We hadn't given it much thought.

We were just carelessly running forward trying not to get caught.

"Not sure, yet. Somewhere no one will ever know about us," Taehyung whispered.

"Somewhere the news won't reach? That'll be hard. You know the longer they can't find you, the more widespread it'll be?" Jimin frowned.

Taehyung zipped up the backpack before asking, "Do you still have Namjoon's number?"

"He took good care of you back then, didn't he? You sure he'll have it this time?" Jimin stood up and pulled out a notepad from the mini desk so he could scribble the number onto it, returning the paper to Taehyung. 

Taehyung stared at the number before slipping it into his back pocket, thanking Jimin.

"Take care, man." Jimin patted his shoulder.

Taehyung nodded and looked over at me, who was quiet all this while. 

Taking my hand, Taehyung headed towards the door.

"Wait, you guys aren't walking are you?" Jimin asked. "Because I have a car that you could use..."

Taehyung looked over his shoulder at Jimin who rustled in the bathroom and came out with a key.

"Jimin, we can't-" He started to push back the keys Jimin put into his hands.

"It was my father's Taehyung. He died from an overdose. I don't need the reminder, honestly." 

"Sorry-" 

"Hated that piece of shit. I don't care. I'm just glad he was useful for something good for once." Jimin referred to how his car will help Taehyung and me.

Taehyung nodded and clasped the keys tightly into his hand.

I followed Taehyung to the car, keeping an eye on Jimin at the window.

Taehyung fixed my seatbelt before giving me a small smile.

"Ready?" He asked.

I nodded as started up the car and drove off, a tiny wave given to Jimin.

I rolled down the window to feel the cool wind brush against my face.

As we pulled out of the parking lot, I looked back to find Jimin still staring at us.

I later found out that Jimin reported the car missing.