FORTY-TWO

November 7,  20XX - Friday

Where am I?

Right when I opened my eyes, I saw the demons above me.

Raising my head was difficult and I didn't know why.

I caught sight of my hair: stringy and wet.

I frowned, wondering how it got to that state.

I got my answer when a bucket of ice water pierced down my skin.

Inhaling sharply, I tried backing away from the water coming down, only to stumble back and catch sight of the rope that lead from my feet to a fallen beam laying in the middle of the wrecked up building.

"Won't be long 'til they make there way here."

I didn't even speak.

To be honest, I think I kind of forgot how.

My throat felt like it was on fire, yet my body felt icy.

Tears fell down from my eyes, but I wasn't crying. 

I felt numb on the inside.

I'm so scared.

But what hurts the most, was knowing that Taehyung was somewhere out there aching.

He was out there blaming himself for this. I just knew it.

An echo reached us of a door busting down.

My eyes slowly trailed up from the concrete towards where everyone had turned.

There I was laying down in the center as more people rose from the shadows, guns drawn on each side of me as the three demons walled in front of me to create a barrier of what was coming.

I don't want this, I don't want this.

"Drop the weapons!!" He screeched as he stumbled into the room, a machine gun propped in his hands.

I could only recognize his voice for he was decked out in protective gear from head to toe, a bulletproof vest visible.

"What are you doing..." My voice came out faded, whispering his name, "...Taehyung."

 "Brave of you to say that to us." The king stretched out his arms. 

The men on the side took his signal to rise from their kneel to a full stand.

Taehyung's mouth parted as he waved around his gun left and right, taken a bit back.

Taehyung, don't.

Don't get your hands dirty, again.

He started firing like crazy,  actually hitting quite a few people.