THIRTY-TWO

October 27, 20XX - Monday

"Moon Hari, do you know how long I've been searching for you?!"

The voice sent shivers down my spine.

It can't be him, can it?

How did he find me?

I didn't want to turn around to face him.

I was too scared.

Feeling a squeeze tighten around my hand, I quickly looked next to me, making sure it was still Taehyung.

Taehyung stared back at me, stricken with fear.

Confused, I looked in front of us only to see hundreds of cop cars blocking the road.

An officer suddenly stepped out, screaming, "STEP AWAY FROM THE GIRL. PUT YOUR HANDS UP AND WALK TOWARDS US."

Gasping, I took a step back.

What was going on?

I shook my head and looked at Taehyung as I pleaded, "Don't do it. Please...I don't want to go back."

"I-" Taehyung couldn't even finish his sentence because my dad had come over and started yanking me away.

"Hari!" My dad hissed.

"Let go of me!" I shrieked as I struggled to hang onto Taehyung's hand.

Taehyungs hand suddenly slipped from mine as a swarm of cops tackled him down to his knees.

"Hari!" He shouted my name, drowning in fear.

Screaming for him, I watched as the cops tased a struggling Taehyung, causing him to convulse to the floor.

"Taehyung!" The tears poured down my face as I desperately tried to get my father to let go.

"Hari, I'm going to kill you when we get home. Kill you for everything you've done." He muttered through his teeth.

Yanking away, I fell to the floor in front of Taehyung who reached out for me.

Wasting no time, the cops scooped me up and turned Taehyung around.

I watched in horror as the officer took out his gun to point it at Taehyung.

Screaming as they pulled back the trigger I-

I woke up.

I struggled to catch my breath as I looked around the hotel room.

Noticing the empty spot beside me, I jolted upright.

Where's Taehyung?

I scanned every corner of the room, but still nothing.

Quickly, I got up and checked the bathroom.

Empty.

I looked over at the closet and saw that his jacket is gone.

Crying, I quickly grabbed my own and slipped on some shoes before throwing open the door to leave.

That's when I saw him.

He was standing mid-hallway, a phone in hand and a bag in the other.

He looked up at me and it took him a second to see my distress.

"Hari?"

He quickly rushed over and pushed me into the room before locking the door and throwing me---a sobbing mess---into his arms.

"Did you have another nightmare?" He asked me as he kissed the top of my head.

"I'm so sorry. Yesterday got me thinking and so I went out and bought us cell phones and we were running out of money and so I decided to call my friend and see-"

I stopped listening to what he was saying. I was just so thankful to have him in my arms again.

I never wanted to feel that way, ever.

But nightmares...

have an ugly way of popping up again.